Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    My Legs
    well from what i know....all the k series will have the same mounts(which also applies to B series etc so on)...so basicly it will bolt on. about the ecu...not to sure...pretty sure you can just hook it up with the stock ecu..for better performances ofc...k-pro upgrade. i hope this is helpful..or if i'm wrong...correct me plz
    Last edited by YinNoPiano; 29-06-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    thanks for the reply's guys! i found this site with some info on the k series here and more in depth on the k24 series here

i really dont know to much about this so thanks all for helping me learn more

...just google what you want to know, you'll be suprised how much info you'll get.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    oh i've been googling quite a bit I just wanted to start a bit of a discussion about it. I found loads of info on k series swaps in general and going from b series to k but not much on what i'm thinking of doing which is into my dc5 well actually there is a 'how to' on clubrsx for swapping a k24a2 into a dc5...

according to most American sites their k24a2 is ver similer to our k24a3 but the figures im seeing for the a3 are not very consistent as jdmyard in sydney are selling them stating they are 147KW and from wikipedia quoted before says their 140KW so... i dunno lol

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    and every time i think i've confirmed that the k24a3 has vtec and is at least 140 + KW then i find a site like here which says its only 119kw...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG+CL9
    easiest way to go about it would be to get the K24a3 and than put a type-s/r k20 head on it and tune it - that way you will be sure that its going to kick ass lol

EDIT - also i would trust yonas at jdmyard over and american website - he knows his sh!t
    ----------------------------
    D15b Turbo EG Sedan Build + CL9 Lux N/A Build
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127680

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    yeh i've heard good things about jdmyard though the thread selling the engines was from a while back but as i said im just playing with the idea, not even sure if the dc5 is a good base to start with...

from my reading a k24a3 with a k20 head on it is sometimes called a "frankenstein" build i think and can get you well into 230bhp... nice.

i just need more knowledge or friends with knowledge (or just friends lol) and moneys!

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    there are several versions of K24 on the market. The most common K24A we come across here in Australia is the CRVK24A and EUROK24A

Now, the CRV K24A2 is pretty must useless with 160hp. Most people will swap the head out for a K20a head. What you really want is the Australian spec Accord Euro K24A3 with 200hp (140+kw), the head flows very similar to K20A counterpart and produce easy 140+kw AT THE WHEEL on dyno with I/H/E and KPRO tuned. We have a stock Euro K24a3 on our EGK24A and it ran high 11s down the 1/4.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    25 / 317-321 Woodpark Rd , Smithfield , NSW 2164. Contact : 02 97572364
    Email : yonas@jdmyard.com , Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/JDMYard
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    nice thanks for chiming in with that, honda seems to reuse the same engine codes in different countries i think which make researching a pain. what started me thinking this is seeing the ones you had on sale last year in my head im picturing a fairly stock setup just something a little different you know

i also read the swap cant be done without kpro? their pretty expensive and to get that for a base manual i wont see any benifits till swap?

thanks for the replys!

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by new2teg View Post
    hi guys

im just curious (way too broke and noobish atm) since i saw that jdmyard thread selling k24a3's for cheap and was wondering what would be involved in a swap into a base dc5.

can you keep stock base dc5 ecu or need the stock accord one or go aftermarket?

can you keep base 5sp manual transmission?

is it a straight bolt on, like remove the 20a3 and put the 24a3 in a press go lol?

are there heaps of extra parts needed or would you have most of them having a dc5 already?

is it legal? would you need engineers cert?

i know it might be a dumb question but im just interested! would like to learn more about what i sit in most days!

cheers

Everything will bolt up, all you gotta do is get a better intake manifold for the K24 and tune it with K pro.

you might need to get it engineered tho to drive it legally.

It's that EASY.
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    www.JDMyard.com

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Integra
    Quote Originally Posted by EG5 View Post
    Everything will bolt up, all you gotta do is get a better intake manifold for the K24 and tune it with K pro.

It's that EASY.
    i read you need to change the passenger side mounts or add something from a crv?

Ozhonda Trader Array
    Car:
    EGK24A
    Quote Originally Posted by new2teg View Post
    i read you need to change the passenger side mounts or add something from a crv?

yeah fairly easy 50 bucks from your local wrecker
    JDMyard Pty Ltd
    www.JDMyard.com