Bright license plate lights

Does anyone here know where I can get some good, bright license plate lights?

I bought a cheap 5 SMD LED pair from eBay, but they're not that bright. I'm looking for something with a bit more quality than these Chinese LED's.

Over at AcuraZine, there has been talks about people buying lights from V-LEDS and they're apparently a lot better than these eBay lights, it's quite expensive $20 a pair vs. $3. I wouldn't mind paying that much but shipping to Australia is $17!!

Does anyone know any places to get good bright LED license plate lights here?

What are the license plate lights they use in the Lexus', would they be cold cathodes and not LEDs?

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    I bought a set from ebay from the warden jp guy? forgot the exact name and they came out white and bright - looks like OEM!

Will try and get a link hopefully tonight of the one I bought. Do note though his quality control can be lacking sometimes as I bought some interior lights that came out bluish white instead of white white like the license plates.

I went straight into Autobarn to get the SMD LED lights. They are quite helpful at Autobarn, and most the SMD lights have a "TEST ME" button so you can see exactly what colour and the brightness the SMDs output. These were $20 a pair and are just plug and play.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    After using LEDs and even the multiround and high power LEDs, I found that even the standard lightbulb with a white filter (like the Philips Crystalvision ones) were still brighter when it comes to sideways light output, which is how the license plate lights are orientated.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    the warden JP guy is realyl good, those 'flank' bulbs worked really well for my civic.

however now i'm having issues as they keep blowing in my prelude, i think i may have bad electricals :S
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro Lux
    i have a 8 SMD LED and theyre way brighter than my HIDs for the parkers, as well as the license plate lights. theyre still going strong , theyre from ebay too.

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2, GD3
    Here is the one I'm using from ebay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2pcs-168-...item2eb61a19b9

Had them on since last year and still going strong! IMO these are just as bright as OEM bulbs only white. As I said before QC sometimes sucks and you might get "bluish white" instead of "white white". For that price can't complain!

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Sedan
    if you are willing to mount a custom light you could try something from hella. will be better quality than the crap you buy off ebay

http://db.hella.com.au/cgi-bin/catal...w&flmaint=3127

Member Array
    Car:
    07' CL9 Lux 5AT
    I had good experiences with the LEDs supplied by the warden jp fella on ebay in the past when I used his stuff on my previous car. Seemed to be of a higher quality than the cheaper stuff you get there anyway, and all the "white" bulbs I got were a pure white, not a bluish white.

However, my most recent transaction with him went south after the package got lost in the post. After a few less-than-helpful messages, he eventually stopped replying altogether, necessitating a Paypal dispute (which I won).

Wound up buying a set of Raybrig 4500K blue-coated incandescent bulbs from JDMConcept instead. Not cheap at $20 a pair, but they give out a pure white light, and have a much more even spread than what I believe would've been achievable by LED. And I got them within 2 days of submitting my order, as opposed to waiting nearly 10 weeks until I got my money back for the ebay purchase that never showed up.