Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EG

Swapping front brakes on EG

Hey guys quick question (I know I shouldve searched first but its late and I need an answer sorta urgently) I have front EG6 brakes setup to go onto my EG with EBC Yellowstuff pads, will i need to get my hands on an eg6 brake booster or master cylinder?
    SunCoast Hondas

Yes to utilise the larger front discs you need the ek4/dc2/dc4/eg6 or even ek1 brake booster

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Hmm ok then so just the brake booster? What about the master cylinder? Or would that be ok?
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    Hmm ok then so just the brake booster? What about the master cylinder? Or would that be ok?
    why not swap the whole thing? much easaier isnt it.
    S P A M | W O R K S
    With our special rotational tires, it will allow you to drive very fast. - JK Tyre

Quote Originally Posted by Temp3st View Post
    Sorry I meant the entire unit.

You cannot use your older master cylinder on the 15/16th booster- it needs a master cylinder off a Eg6/ek4/ek1/em1/dc2/dc4

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    See Mocchi I have nfi bro thats why I was asking lol, if its much easier then I'll definitely be doing that. However as Bennjamin has pointed out to me I have to do it anyway, so I guess the hunting begins!
    SunCoast Hondas

if you can - source a DC4 brake booster + master cylinder. Its non-abs and both lines on the master cylinder and guaranteed to line up and fit the standard eg lines. Other models MAY have one slightly larger/flared line...

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    DC4 is which teg? Sorry i'm not very up to the teg chassis codes yet but i will try n track one down thanks heaps for all the advice bennjamin
    SunCoast Hondas

dc4 is GSi integra. non-vtec model.

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    does it matter if you use mc & bb of a car with abs - for eg. dc2??

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Some of them do have ABS though so just avoid those for simplicity. You'll see the ABS unit front left under the bonnet when looking in from the front of the car, near the intake box.

also to add - some 15/16 master cylinders may not fit other boosters - the boosters in-between the above mentioned models also different slightly in size and shape.

Its best to grab the booster/master cylinder off the SAME model just to make sure.