Angry dc5 headlights - one is yellowing

my dc5 has one yellowing/fading light and the other one has been replaced less than a year ago before i bought it due to a small acident, so now i am stuck with one brand new clear headlight and one yellowing one.

i have tried polishing and using a headlight restoration kit on the light but it isnt really helping at all, are there any other ways to clean it? .

do i maybe have to clean inside the lense aswell or will i have to buy a new lense? where can i get a genuince honda lense from and how much are they? i live in sydney thanks-

(one other thing i noticed is that when that headlight is wet like just after i wash the car it looks just as clean as the other one, but as it starts to dry it returns to the yellow colour-(

Member Array
    Car:
    f20c
    You could try Vuplex. Can buy it at autobarn for like 12-20 i think i forgot. Worked on my mates evo, not going to say was it went back to perfect condition but I saw a big difference.

If that doesnt work then its most likely from the inside, try opening your headlights by letting them bake in the oven should be a DIY somewhere here then use your products to try clean it.

If that doesnt work then I'm pretty sure you can buy the lense from Peter Warren Sydney Auto World. Could give them a call and ask them.

Hope this helps. Goodluck!

ill give peter warren a call 2moro thanks, what do you mean by baking my headlights in the oven haha?

Member Array
    Car:
    f20c
    http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/Bake.pdf
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok1a9jyfRYw
    OR
    http://www.members.tripod.com/megatr...es/Page338.htm (RSX)

There you go, its to open the headlights so you can clean the inside of it.

*Warning if you burn yourself it is not my responsibility nor the person who did the DIY nor the person on youtube nor the person doing ths RSX one. Do at your own risk.*
    Last edited by phatty; 18-07-2011 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Found one for RSX might help a little better.

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    I fixed this problem
    On my girlfriends car once, dc5 base model though, she had one yellowing headlight i used Some medium cut and polish to cut back the top layer and then a lighter and finally turtle wax scratch and swirl remover, this combo worked for me and brought it up looking alot clearer then before I did it.... And also on my dc2r I sometimes start to get a little haze at the top of my headlight but a nice rub with meguiers scratch x seems to clear it back up also..
    Hope this helps a little..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R