Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO

Jazz VTI bumper upgrade to VTI-S

Hi,

Looking at getting a jazz cheap price however it is a VTI but I would much rather a VTIs.

Is it possible to swap out my VTI front and rear bumper and upgrade to VTIs ones? What needs to be changed?

all interchangeable man, just the splash guards FRONT and REAR don't meet up at the bottom of the bumper. I wouldn't worry about that, they wont flap around.
    simple - I sell wheels clicly

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    its pretty simple, just take out the canoe clips holding them in on the front and put the new one on.
    should be pretty much a straight fit.

for the skirts u will have to drill them into the mudguards (front n rear) 3 screws i think.

and depending on the yr ie 06+ i think its a completely new back bumper.
    but on below 06 models im pretty sure its an additional lip.

the easiest thing i thought would to be putting on a mugen lip set...
    but dunno

GL

the bumper on mine is a different bumper, not a lip kit, and it's an 05. the GD1's were pretty much, well they looked like, a lip kit front and rear, and side skirts.
    wouldn't an after market kit be cheaper then getting the bumper ans side skirts OEM? Honda Aust parts prices for the jazz are kinda up there.

Member Array
    Car:
    NondaRalliJuzz
    what year jazz are you looking at?

as far as i know (correct me if i'm wrong), if we're talking pre-facelift gd's. the gli and vti share the same bumpers, they only have different engines (1.3/1.5). the vti-s has a different bumpers and lip kit. you cannot put the vti-s lips on the gli/vtis as the bumper is different. the vti and vti-s' bumpers without the lips are very similar.

however there is the modulo lip kit for the gli/vti which imo looks nice. the user 'STTICH' has/d them and looked very clean. its basically the facelift version style for the gli/vti BUT NOT for the vti-s.

hope this helps, and good luck with your purchase

S P A M|W O R K S

Like A Sir

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    rotel is yours a 2005 MY06?
    and if the GD1 is the version with the lip kit that makes sense.
    theres one here around work with the lip kit.

but i know the other model up from mine (i have the 2003 GD3) had different bumpers

rotel is yours a 2005 MY06
    ehh? it's a 4/05 built, delievered 6/05 GD3 VTiS i've had since new, in black. tis ma baby.

Was funny we had a blue 2003 VTi, which, again we bought new, (in fact i THINK it was the first one to hit the Highway honda show room), and when it hit 90,000 i talked missus to buying a new car. Drove the astra, corolla, and went into the honda dealer, and there she was on the show room floor, and i smilled to the guy, and in a fit a lunacy, pointed and said, "you can sell me that one, with everything.

need new engine mounts now... rah... can't wait till i can just jump in and ring it's neck, and not worry about the new sound it's making
    But after today, it's just the engine mounts...
    Last edited by ss-rotel; 22-07-2011 at 08:15 PM.

we plan to go for a bit of a cruise this sunday, promise to take a few pics, and tell you how it stacks up agains a Golf GTi Mk5

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    I've got two choices ATM

07 VTI 90,000 klms $9000

Or

06 VTIS 80,000 klms $12000

Tough decision but loving all the feedback from here! I think it would be worth getting the VTIS straight out so I don't mess about with changing bumpers and adding that additional spoiler!

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    i wish i started out with a VTiS it would be so much easier not have to look for a body kit n stuff because its nice as is, just needs a drop and some nice wheels.

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Yeah I think I'll just look and settle for VTI-S if I get the chance to move on from my ek I will do the swap

Banned Array
    Car:
    B16EG-GD3-DC2
    why do u want to change cars?
    sometimes i think i would have been better off with a civic, the variety and availability of parts is much higher.
    and the engine more sporty i thought.?