Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9

HARDRACE Rear Camber Kit Install on EM1

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

This is my first DIY, so there is always room on improvement C&C would be great.

Aim:
    To Install "HardRace" rear camber kit into a 99-00 Civic EM1, This will also be same as if you were to install on "EG, DC2"

Required:

- HardRace, or other Camber Kit, Supplied by Yonas ( JDM YARD)
    - Breaker Bar + extension
    - Ratchet
    - 14 mill Socket
    - 2x Car Jack
    - Gloves, because your hands can get pretty dirty !
    - WD40

Making sure the camber kit is for your series car

Steps to install

We will start off by jacking the vehicle up, and taking the wheel off the car, ( im quite sure every ones knows how to take a wheel off :P), with my wheel i like to put it under the side skirt, just incase for some reason the jack was to fail the car would slowly fall on the wheel.

Step 2 : once we have taken the wheel off the Rear camber arm is now exposed to us and we can start working on it, there are only three bolts we have to worry about, nothing els!

Step 3 - To make the process alot easier i use a regular jack with you can find in your boot, if not there very easy to source, put it directly under the rear, Lower control arm, and slowly wind it up, The reason why you do this is to ensure that we will not be forcing anything to fit.

Step 4 - If the Camber arms have never been changed before, then the best thing to do is use some WD40 just to give it that little bit of lubrication.

Step 5 - Once you have done "Step 4" then grab your breaker bar + 14mill Socket, and slowly undo the bolt until it becomes easier to undo,

Step 6 - Do the same as "Step 5" to the two rear bolts.

This is just a comparison photo from the old to the new.

Step 7 - The new camber arm is about 10 mill shorter then stock so when installing make sure to not screw the to back bolts in fully, so we can allow for some movement with the new one.

Once the new camber arm has lined up, then you man tighten the bolts
    in the example photo below you and see it has perfectly lined up.

Step 8 - Once you have tightened the bolts, put the wheel back on and lower the car back onto the ground.

Step 9 - Once you have lowerd the car back onto the ground, some people tend to neglect this step, jack the car but up take the wheel off again and get your breaker bar and tighten it for the last time.

Why we do this is because there may have been a slight change in the camber arm position, so this will insure that the bushes will last longer.

Step 10 - Your done ! but u still gotta do the other side..

Other Comments

*** REMEMBER - Running to much negative camber will result in uneven Tyre wear, Rubbing against springs, shocks etc.. Not a good idea for your safety and your wallet.. ***

NOTE :
    My wheels had slight natural camber from when the car was lowerd.
    After taking the "After" shot i have adjusted my camber.

Any Question's, im more than happy to answere.

BEFORE

AFTER

Thanks for viewing and hope it helps you guys out there.
    Regards Alex
    Last edited by AlexK; 24-07-2011 at 05:57 PM.
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ITR, EK4
    Great DIY mate!

Nicely done and can tell the different between before and after.

+1 rep...
    When VTEC kicks in.. It's like having a..... You know the rest!!!!!!!
    ..<o>
    .... \__
    ...../\.....sup?

Very nice mate, would this be the same process to do this even in a DC5? Curiously, how do you make the adjustments in camber :|

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG
    epic write up bro

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Very nice mate, would this be the same process to do this even in a DC5? Curiously, how do you make the adjustments in camber :|
    Thanks buddy, the process on the DC5 im not quite sure about, never done a DC5 before i can get back to you on it, but adjusting the camber is done like this, in the picture below you will fine i have circled two area's a bolt and a nut, first off we undo the bolt to the desired location, as we are undoing the bolt the nut will follow, once it is at the position your after, you will have have to twirl the nut down and tighten it.

Remember if you are doing lets say a 10 mill adjustment make sure you do 5 mill on both side's so it can even out the load on the camber arm, adjusting the other side is exactly the same.

Thanks for your comment

Quote Originally Posted by louie View Post
    epic write up bro
    Thank you
    Last edited by AlexK; 25-07-2011 at 10:50 PM.
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Great DIY mate!

Nicely done and can tell the different between before and after.

+1 rep...
    Thank you, and thanks for your comment also the rep point, yer it does make a huge difference !
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Good stuff mate. Recently installed an adjustable camber kit in a Euro which had 2 arms instead of one like yours. Had to get a wheel alignment after just to be safe.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by Banana_hammock View Post
    Good stuff mate. Recently installed an adjustable camber kit in a Euro which had 2 arms instead of one like yours. Had to get a wheel alignment after just to be safe.
    Nice, post up a tutorial my brother got a Euro, we installed it but others may not know how to install, yer getting that wheel alignment was a good idea, for the front its a need because it throws it off badly

But thanks for the comment buddy
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Getting my Hardrace camber kit soon.......fronts an rears

How do u exactly adjust the camber arm itself? Im not gonna do it myself, gonna get a wheel shop to do it, but curious to know how its done
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>DC2R+CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexK View Post
    Thanks buddy, the process on the DC5 im not quite sure about, never done a DC5 before i can get back to you on it, but adjusting the camber is done like this, in the picture below you will fine i have circled two area's a bolt and a nut, first off we undo the bolt to the desired location, as we are undoing the bolt the nut will follow, once it is at the position your after, you will have have to twirl the nut down and tighten it.

Remember if you are doing lets say a 10 mill adjustment make sure you do 5 mill on both side's so it can even out the load on the camber arm, adjusting the other side is exactly the same.

Thanks for your comment

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    Getting my Hardrace camber kit soon.......fronts an rears

How do u exactly adjust the camber arm itself? Im not gonna do it myself, gonna get a wheel shop to do it, but curious to know how its done
    ^^ thats how lol, yer i have the fronts too but cbf making diy for it atm, + my cars in the panel shop lol
    JDM is Best

Member Array
    Car:
    Hondaless :(
    will a place like bob jane adjust them to a desired spec for you when you go in to get a wheel alignment?
    b series vtec goes up to 11...

This DIY applies for most 90's hondas and some earlier ones too