Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-L 08

sluggish pickup/acceleration and high fuel consumption

Hi,

I've go a honda civic vti-l 2008 auto... it has done around 34k and up for 40k service in few months. lately i have noticed that its fuel consumption is around 12l/100km, (i commute to work in a relatively busy traffic on weekdays) acceleration is sluggish and automatic gear changes while driving is harsh almost gives you a jolt. what do you think the problem is guys and what should i do?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE R
    Was going to say possibly o2 sensor for the sluggish drive and poor fuel consumption.. But not to sure bout Te clunk when changing gears... Gfs integra had this clunk when she broke an engine mount.. So there's a possibility

Hope I helped a little..
    THERES NO CAR LIKE A TYPE R

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Check if the car has an 'automatic kick down cable',should run from the throttle body to the gearbox.May need adjusting.

Might be 02 sensor,injectors maybe clogged due to bad fuel.Run some 'upper engine conditioner' through it and see how much white/black (crap) comes out.The upper engine maybe getting too much 'blow back'/oil.

When were the tappets last done?

If your car is fully serviced then U would have eliminated most things it can be.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic VTi-L 08
    thanks for the tips guys... i will get them to test o2 sensor and transmission system while servicing... i was thinking to use that waynns injector cleaner as a temp solution what u reckon???

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Can't hurt!