Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S

Prelude not starting

hi guys, my gearbox has been blown now for about 7 months(second time) and i havn't got the chance to fix it until now but for some reason my car is not starting anymore, i was starting it regularly until about 3 months ago i kept forgetting and now it just keeps trying to kick over but doesn't start, it has a full tank of premium fuel in it still, i was thinking maybe stale fuel? or maybe fuel filter or petrol pump, any ideas guys?

Member Array
    Car:
    hondie 2000
    have you ruled out a flat battery?
    S P A M | W O R K S
    hehe.
    PHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    yeh its a brand new battery it trys to kick over very hard so battery is perfect just doesn't want to start not even a little bit

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Premium Octane
    Could possibly be fuel pump? As no fuel is getting thru. Hence why yur only getting the crank with no start...Have a look at your pump imo

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Check your main relay as well. You should be able to hear it click when you turn the key to On but before you go all the way to crank the engine.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    Quote Originally Posted by will02 View Post
    Could possibly be fuel pump? As no fuel is getting thru. Hence why yur only getting the crank with no start...Have a look at your pump imo
    Easiest way to check your fuel flow, is unbolt the line at the fuel rail.. Put an icecream container under it (To catch the fuel)
    And have somone turn the key over to "REDs" or Ignition.. No need to crank it over, and fuel should pour out!

Check leads/wiring harness.. A rat might've eaten something if your car has been sitting for so long!

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    thanks alot guys for the info, im gonna try pull the full line out and see if any petrol is coming through, if it isn't, does that mean fuel pump? and if it is easy or hard to change yourself?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    This happened to my brothers car once.. all i did was i changed the spark plugs because after a longtime and not starting sometimes they foul up..

if i was you i would test to see if they are arcing

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Any possibility of having a really worn starter motor?

Member Array
    Car:
    Gen 4 prelude S
    hey guys i got her started, im still not entirely sure what it was, but the car was on a hill ass facing back so i just rolled it around so the nose was facing down and after a while it just started lol im guessing it had something to do with fuel no getting to the front but thanks all for the input guys appreciated