Car:
    twin GX160's
    sorry but

lol hahahahah

makes a mess doesnt it.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK DC5 E36 E46
    I did mine today. I used a Shampoo pump to suck out all the Fluid from the tank....
    You can feel a HUGE difference when steering.....
    Excellent Write Up!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    POS
    i just did it then, and yeah, a pump of some sort would make it easier! i made a hell mess, but degreaser helped that!! and yeah, when your turning the car on and turning the steering wheel to get it all out, i used a coke bottle with an X cut in it and pushed the hose through the X so it sat and if it splattered, would stay in there!
    plus buy the looks of it, hadn't been changed in a while and wasn't OEM fluid too!!

big difference to steering too! cheers SiR JDM!!!
    FFamily

get a friend to start and stop the car for you depending on container amounts
    フジタエンジニアリング

Member Array
    Car:
    Still looking
    Awesome@!@~!~

Member Array
    Car:
    EG civic si (d16a8)
    haha i never used a clamp. i had a big ass syringe

Member Array
    Car:
    FN2 - CTR
    I did it today! man......Fluid everywhere!!!
    I can't think of anybetter way to hold a continer ....
    but the result is really good! Never feel my steering wheel that light b4!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Yeah I don't recommend anyone use those tiny ass take away containers either!
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO ANYONE ATTEMPTING THIS DIY:
    Make sure u ONLY use genuine honda power steering fluid..
    using anything else will eat away @ certain seals in the steering system.. if these seals break down... ur steering will CEASE.. e.g driving on the highway only to realise u cannot steer..

anyways i replaced my power steering fluid recently.. didn't have any hoses to attach onto the return hose.. and couldnt get the return hose out that much either.. so i resorted to doing a cheap quick method...Plastic bag..
    man it splutters quite a bit..but yeh will find some hose to do this properly..
    btw.. in an 88 CRX d16a8 it takes roughly a little over a litre i think

Quote Originally Posted by wynode
    Got around to doing mine today, and how you guys did it with a little take away container I have no idea!

First sucked out the bit in the resevoir using a syphen (sp?) and then undid the clamp and took the rest of it out the propper way.

Looks like someone died in there..........
    [img]../gallery/data/2/3Picture_22_.jpg[/img]

Then plugged the hose into the return pipe and put the clamp over it, and then started the car.

Didn't get a drop of PS fluid anywhere on the car........just a bit on the grass after I started the car cause the pressure of the fluid coming out pulled the hose out of my collecting container LOL

Wyn - Looks like u did a pretty good job.
    Just wanted to know, what kinda tube did u use for that, and where could i get a one from. it looks like the best way to change the fluid..

and also, how were u able to suck out the fuild from the tank?.. i didnt understand what u were sayin bout the **syphen** thing????

Thanks!

Needs more time... Array
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taizon
    Wyn - Looks like u did a pretty good job.
    Just wanted to know, what kinda tube did u use for that, and where could i get a one from. it looks like the best way to change the fluid..

and also, how were u able to suck out the fuild from the tank?.. i didnt understand what u were sayin bout the **syphen** thing????

Thanks!
    Thanks!

I used some tubing I had which is used to clean our fish tank. You can get the same kind of tubing at most hardware stores or aquariums. Just get something about the same size as the little bit the hose clamps onto on the PS resevoire.

As for syphening, I just put the tube into the container made sure the other end was lower than the PS reservoire and sucked abit of fluid (yes with my mouth) about halfway down the tube. Then as long as the fluid has come below the level of the PS resevoire.....gravity will let the fluid keep coming and empty the resevoire.

It's an old fishtank cleaning trick.
    Got a question? Check out the FAQ - http://www.ozhonda.com/go/faq

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude
    hmm in my prelude there is two lines coming from the reservoir. would any one be able to help me out on which one is the in and out..? one is higher up on the reservoir then the other...
    will i need to disconnect both?