Wheel weight fell off... should i get shop to fix it before wheel alignment

Yesterday i got tyres fitted and balanced. Today i found a wheel weight on the floor after fitting the wheels to my car. I'm assuming it came off the front left wheel as i found it around that area.

I have a wheel alignment booked for tomorrow at a different shop. Should i call up the shop that did the balancing and tell them that it fell off? Should they rebalance it without charge? Or should i just forget about it and get the alignment anyway even though it's off balance.

It was one of those iron weights stuck on with some black rubber stuff.

Member Array
    Car:
    LOLWUT
    wheel weights wont affect the wheel allignment.

but if its on the front and not balanced properly you will get vibrations thru the steering wheel at speeds around 100km/h

some kids garage
    A true car enthusiast appreciates the time, effort and money put into ANY sort of car, modified in ANY sort of style, whether they may like it or not.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Just ask them to stick it back on when you get your alignment.

So i got my alignment... and i asked why he set so much toe (more than factory specs). He said that because i've got aggressive negative camber (lol wtf?) the toe in has to be higher to avoid wearing out the inside of my tyres. I've now got about 6mm in rear toe and about 2mm in front.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Is your car sacked ? I got from negative 3.2 to negative 3.5 camber on all 4 wheels, no camber kits

snapping 2nd..

Nope not even man, looks pretty stock! only got around -1.5 all round

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1>Crx Delsol
    If by any chance there is a little mark where the weight is. Close the gap of the weight so it can stick on your rim when you hit it in, then just simple hammer it to that spot. Hope this helps

Fml... Do not go much more than 2mm total toe in. ..my rear tyres screwed when I had 4.6 mm on the rear

Bought new tyres recently and my toe in is 2.4 rear and 1.6 front which is ok...

If the wheel weight fell off ask the shop to re-balance for free...

Member Array
    Car:
    smashed crx =]
    just need to balance ur wheels again its not expensive n most of the time if there doing a alignment they should check the balance first...its only like 7 bux a tyre anyway...not a big deal

Oh wtf... why would the shop give me 6mm toe in! Do they want my tyres to die fast or something so i go buy more tyres? D:

Dodgy alignment caused my Kumho KU31 tyres to wear down to the indicators at only 30k-31,000km...I could have gotten almost 40,000km out of them.