datsun 200b
    good old days ey??

dam.. looks like a morris

lolz

Kenny

Member Array
    Car:
    4th Gen Prelude VTiR
    I saw one on Sunday, it was beside me and I deliberately took it easy so I could hear it. Boy, it sounded very nice with those 4 carbies. Would love to have one.

Firstly, hi, i've just joined up.

Im a proud owner a a 1965/66 Honda S600.
    Undortunately its off the road at the moment, which isn't unusual. It blew a hole in the top of a valve, and its taken over two years to get all the parts, new valves, gaskets, ring seal etc and to get the head rebuilt. All the parts are available, strangely, from Germany. They are priced accordinly!

They are an amazing fun car to drive, the noise is fabulous, truly undiscribable. Performance was understated by the factory. 90-95MPH is easily achievable if your game enough to rev it that hard. Problems are expensive ($1000 for an engine gasket kit)

Easily out run its competitors of the day, Austin Healy Sprites are no problem, out handle MGBs. Infact they out handle most cars on the road, even my daily car (a Pulsar GTi-R, am i allowed to say that here )

The worst thing people can do to these things is fit another motor. They halve the value instantly. Why would you want to anyway? it will destroy its charactor, and what else sounds as good and stops as many people when you open the bonnet?

The only downsides are reliability, price of parts, police attention (they hear it coming and get very dissapointed when you go past slowly) and people who say "oh, look at the sprite....... What a shame he butchered it by putting a honda engine in it"

Brad

TRIPLE OG Array
    Car:
    b18c crx/that's
    pics!
    www.lozzz.com - car spotting, food and other random crap from Japan

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda City Turbo II
    I note that that's a car from the SA Honda Club. We've got a grey Coupe in the Qld Club. Used regularly.

Campbell

s800's

I agree, a very good car. I ran a red roadster from 1978 until 1991. Then i gave it to my father to restore when he retired , unfortunately he passed away before he retired so they have just sat there.. In all he had 1 running red roadster, 1 body damaged but complete red roadster with Koni shocks and a SS muffler and exhausts, a complete maroon red hardtop but with extensive rust, a fully stripped and restored red hardtop body shell with chassis, and about 2/3rds of another engine. Also a fair collection of spare parts. including 2 factory heaters and a factory fibreglass hardtop for a roadster. All S800s. we had original Honda workshop manuals for the s800, a Haynes s800 workshop manual, and the spare parts serial number and exploded diagram books for both the s600 and s800 models, great when trying to order new parts or sort out exactly where things connected..

than he had a S600 roadster with a Toyota engine in it that we never had running at al;l !

its all still in the shed.

further information here http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/showthread.php?p=838323
    Last edited by Henpecked; 01-01-2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: spelling

I want one.. or two..

Member Array
    Car:
    CZ4A,EG-K,PP-K
    Unicorn: K20R Honda Beat PP1
    BTMotorsports
    JDM Auto Link - Your source for new and pre-owned JDM parts

Do we know how much it sold for?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hey,is your car red?n purchased in sydney from a caryard?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    s2000
    hi,if u hear of one 4 sale,im looking,or a s800!had a red s60010-15 years ago[was my 2nd car]husband sold it when we split..