Work emotion 11r vs enkei rpf1

Hey all,

Trying to weigh up which to choose between these two wheels for my DC5R, does anyone know which is lighter?

They will both be almost identical in spec (18x9.5, +20 for the works vs 18x9.5, +15 for the enkeis).

Any help would be great. Cheers.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Don't know the 11R weight but the RPF1 in those specs are 7.8kg, taken from http://wheelweights.net/.
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Works are generally only useful as boat anchors. Would put money on the RPF1s being significantly lighter (at least 1kg or so), but if you are putting a 9.5 +15 on the rear of a DC5 your handling will be stuffed anyway so wheel weight is probably not important at this point. If you want light get 17s.

Will putting wide rims on the rear really affect it that much? Its just a street car no tracking or anything like that. Just trying to reduce the rim weight a bit considering the FN2R stockies im using at the moment weigh a ton.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuci View Post
    Will putting wide rims on the rear really affect it that much? Its just a street car no tracking or anything like that. Just trying to reduce the rim weight a bit considering the FN2R stockies im using at the moment weigh a ton.
    Nah I was just being a tool. It doesn't hurt to aim for a lighter wheel and the RPF1s will definitely be lighter (and look much better in my opinion), because you will see (possibly not measurable) gains in acceleration, fuel economy and ride comfort. But the amount of stretch and camber needed to fit a 18x9.5 +15 at the rear of a DC5 is borderline dangerous and you will need to wreck your guards to make them fit. Not great for resale.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    11R-FT which is supposed to be the lighter version of the 11Rs in 18x9.5 +15 already weigh 9.8kg. So I'm pretty sure the Enkei is lighter.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    I would go the rpf1. This is purely cos they look better. The 11r's spoke is ugly. Its not skinny but looks kinda fat. The ce28n tapered spokes are boss. And if ur looking for widths/offsets of that size- why is weight a consideration?

Although the rpf1 is used by so many cars. Look onclubrsx, they have a thread dedicated to owners who rock rpf1's. I really like the nt03m!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC5S
    Work = Form
    Enknei = Function

Then again style is all subjective so either could win in that regard.

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5, ITR, EK4
    RPF1 are 7.8kg in 18x9.5 +15...... much lighter than the work in that size mate.
    When VTEC kicks in.. It's like having a..... You know the rest!!!!!!!
    ..<o>
    .... \__
    ...../\.....sup?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    11R-FT which is supposed to be the lighter version of the 11Rs in 18x9.5 +15 already weigh 9.8kg. So I'm pretty sure the Enkei is lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    RPF1 are 7.8kg in 18x9.5 +15...... much lighter than the work in that size mate.
    Massive (relatively speaking) weight difference. Plus, a 9.5" wide RPF1 has the sweet flat spoke/concave look, combine that with 18" and it's hot as hell.
    DC5R