Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    EM1

Installing EG Coilovers on EM1 Civic....help!!!

I bought a set of GAB SS coilovers that came off an EG Civic. Initially I read that they would fit an EK if you used some washers to make up 8mm difference. After hacking my car the rear setup is completely different. EG coilovers use the eyelet type abd my EM1 is the fork type.

The more i read the more confused I am getting as I've read many mixed answers. Can anyone who actually know for sure. Can I fit these coilovers on my car and if so what do I need to modify them to fit.

I've seen that Function 7 sell rear LCA for EK running DC2 coilovers. But they cost $595 for that price I may as well have just bought brand new coils suited for my car so any other options would be preferable.

Desperately seeking help. Cheers.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    You brought the wrong ones man.... get ur refund back if he said it will fit ur car or resell em lol.... EG6/DC2r are eyelets, and u cant use the dc2r/eg6 lca, as they are shorter, an the bushing is in the wrong location, as well as swaybar holes

But ur right about the spacers, us EK/EJ/Em guys need spacers if using EG/DC2 (Note not DC2r) coilovers

Basically, if its a EG3/EG4/EG5/EH or DC2/DC4 than it will fit with spacers, other wise if its EG6/DC2R it wont without the F7 LCA

IF u really wanted to, jus swap out the lower sleeve to fork types
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    **** I didn't want to have to buy F7 LCA's, but its looking like it will be the only way.
    Cheers.

Any more info.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    yep i'm afraid you have purchased EG6 coilovers (eyelet type which is the same as DC2R)...

any other EG/EK uses the fork type for the rear.

Just sell the EG6 coilovers and start again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    All good, as usual JDM Yard to the rescue. I'm gonna buy the F7 LCAS which will allow me to install the coils I bought.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    you ****ed up BIGTYM

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by viinnh View Post
    you ****ed up BIGTYM
    hahahahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Hay fool, I didn't F up. I bought some Function 7 rear LCA's that have the EG6 eyelet style so these coilovers will go straight in now. Boom!! B16TYM out
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero

Member Array
    Car:
    ES1 Turbo, EK1
    lol, man thought u were finished and selling up.

i guess u just cant get away from it huh.
    Car: 05' Civic Turbo Car: EK 97'
    Motor - D17 Motor - B20T
    Winton - 1:47 Winton - 1:46
    7th Gen Melbourne #1

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGTYM View Post
    Hay fool, I didn't F up. I bought some Function 7 rear LCA's that have the EG6 eyelet style so these coilovers will go straight in now. Boom!! B16TYM out
    Good to knw things worked out for you man.... i cant imagine F7 being some what cheap lol... but certainly a good looking piece of gear!
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

bad to hear about the mix-up, but good to hear its beong sorted, also even better to hear the car is still being built
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    EM1
    Quote Originally Posted by DNYALL View Post
    bad to hear about the mix-up, but good to hear its beong sorted, also even better to hear the car is still being built
    Yeah i'm very excited about the upcoming track day. With my new sticky tyres, proper coilovers and new LCA's I can finally put my power down through the corners and really see what kind of potential my car has.

Who knows if it goes really well I may just consider keeping it for a bit longer.
    "It's B1GTYM baby!!"
    3TripleZero