Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R

Please explain the difference between facelift and pre-facelift EK front

From a distance I can easily see the difference in the lower section of the bumpers, the removal of the bumper moulds and the update of the headlights to completely clear...

But I've been read here and there that

1. figment of pre-facelift and facelift headlights is actually different and not compatible.

2. Front grill fitment is different for pre-face and face lift.

Is the bonnet shaped differently?

Can someone please explain.
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    From what ive read the bonnet, fenders, headlights, bumper are different and possibly the grill is different. Since the headlights are a different shape the bonnet, fenders and bumper need to be a different shape to fit the lights. hope that helps

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EK/EP3R
    Pretty sure there isn't a dramatic difference in the shaping of the bonnet, but there are a few distinctive features

1. the headlights, have an additional reflector i'm pretty sure in the indicator section, which if you do a DIY for EK9 headlights, you must remain reflective
    2. the bumper, mouldings were deleted and the opening is shorter lengthwise and there's the side vent or fog light sections implemented into it, check my dp for reference
    3. the way the grille and headlights are mounted (grill is a lot harder to DIY to EK9 considering you have to take off the whole front bumper just to get to an additional 2 clips that hold it down..

apart from that there isnt much else difference, hope we could help
    Last edited by kyzz; 17-08-2011 at 12:02 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    preface lift 1996 - 1998
    Face-lift 1999 - 2000

In simple terms, yes the whole front end is different, if ur gonna do a facelift conversion, u pretty much need the whole front end, front quater panels, grill, bonnet, front bumper and headlights.

The face lift has a much wider front end grill, smaller mouth opening, but has side vents and more aggresive styling, head lamps an sharper corners as opposed to preface lift, which has a one gaping mouth, much rounder head lamps
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    The headlights are shaped differently? This I did not notice...
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Its a subtle change but i like the facelift lights more i recon Heres a link i found that might help
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...t%20difference

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    Interesting fact, out of the ef/g/k series, the eg was the only one not to receive a face lift.
    Sent from my custard cannon like Peter North.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Nice one Trism i wasnt aware of that, your always full of good info I wonder why they didnt facelift the eg.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    eg was pretty ahead of it's time with body coloured bumpers and decent styling, I guess it didn't need a facelift.
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!

Quote Originally Posted by TbM View Post
    Nice one Trism i wasnt aware of that, your always full of good info I wonder why they didnt facelift the eg.
    Because it looked frigging awesome as it is.
    WP PB 1:15:03

Member Array
    Car:
    ek4
    also the radiator support is different. youd have to mod it to facelift your ek.