Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5

whats the differenece between rear toe and rear camber kit?

Hey guys, a really noob question. Today I am trying to place an order to buy hardrace front camber kit, then I wish to buy the rear too to complete the set. But I came across Hardrace rear toe kit and rear camber kit. Whats the difference between them 2? Do I need to purchase 2 of them together and fit them onto my EG5?

Is there an article about suspension setting? I want to read more about it but the information is so diversed I cant find a helpful one.

Thanks guys.

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    go to google, and search for camber and toe for more indepth explanation.

but basically, camber is the vertical adjustment, ie if the top of the tyre leans in or out

toe is the horizontal, ie if the front of the wheel points in or out.

You dont need to get both, most people just get camber, but may as well get both, because there is no factory adjustment for toe in the rear.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    You are right to be confused because the names people give these things are very confusing. On a double wishbone Honda (EF/EG/EK/DC2/DA) a "camber kit" usually refers to an adjustable upper control arm at the rear. As in a length adjustable version of part number 28/31 in the diagram below. A toe kit replaces item 15 in the diagram below and allows the rear toe to be adjustable outside the normal range allowed by the stock length arm, but also alters the bump steer of the rear of the car and I would urge you to stay away from them unless you know what you are doing.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post

You dont need to get both, most people just get camber, but may as well get both, because there is no factory adjustment for toe in the rear.
    Sorry boss but rear toe is adjustable for all the double wishbone Hondas by moving the inboard end of the toe arm in a slotted box welded into the car's frame. Refer to the diagram above.

Quote Originally Posted by trism View Post
    because there is no factory adjustment for toe in the rear.
    Of course there is.
    I have signatures turned off

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5
    i see. thank you for your comments. so in most cases, a rear camber kit will be sufficient enough. and i will read up more about it. but seems to me, most people get the front and rear camber kit to fit bigger and wider tyres onto their car. not necessarily for performance purposes. correcT?

Member Array
    Car:
    lownslowsedan
    They get them so that when they lower the car, they can dial out some of the negative camber that is induced by lowering.
    to see all of my build, checkout

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    No need for adjustable toe arm, unless ur maxing it out, but i highly doubt it...

The oem toe is already adjustable, but with this comes a major flaw in honda;s design... Due to how its setup, the toe setting can be easily stuffed withing a matter of months because its not in a fixed position like the camber arms if u ever seen the underside of the cars rear trailing arm, u will see why.

3 reaons why u buy camber kit:

1.The reason u buy camber kit is to set it up for cornering

2.As for stance, ppl only buy them so they can fit the tires under the guards

3. I brought camber kit to setup for dd, as on a lowered car, to biggest tire killer are toe and camber, with a lowered car comes natural negative camber
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC