Thread: Double din

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    civic ek

Double din

I was wondering is it possible to fit a double din in a Honda Civic ek 2000 model? or does it need to have custom mounts and brace for them? cheers guys!

Member Array
    Car:
    GD3/ED6
    arent they the facelifted model anyways?
    if it is, then you will be able to.
    if not, then youll have to get a faceplate from jdmyard or something for 150 or so.
    THEN BAM! you can chuck in a double din eshays pioneer 56" touch screen monitor.

Member Array
    Car:
    CP2 / EG5
    56" ???!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tai View Post
    56" ???!!!
    front mount camera, extended steering wheel, sit in the back seat, watch the 56" screen to see where you're going.

sounds mexican.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    Yeah id like to know as well if its possible to install a double din headeck into an ek. I went to an alpine audio shop and he quoted me minimum 500 to replace the single din with double din. he said it was an expensive job because relocating the aircon buttons wud be to troublesome, ud have to build a custom fascia etc etc i think his exact words were its honestly not worth it, jus buy a fold out touchscreen instead lol.

Yeah i tried searching for the jdmyard faceplate but cudnt find anything.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    It depends on if you have a single din or double din centre section. If you have a single din then you need to buy a single din unit unless you get a custom made faceplate which as you have been told is not worth it and would probably look out of place or the other option is to convert to a jdm 99-00 climate control that comes with a double din space for the headunit but you have to change over alot more parts than just the facepate as it also changes your climate control from manual to electronic.

Single din:

Double din JDM 99-00:
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

That is correct. Double DIN models are only available on the Japanese Market.

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by justinagar View Post
    That is correct. Double DIN models are only available on the Japanese Market.
    Umm they are not only available on the japanese domestic market (JDM)..........

For one example USDM had double din models but in LHD config see below

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK1
    So if i bought a usdm or jdm 2din fascia i cud swap it for single din and keep the function of my aircon buttons? Has any1 done this before. im really curious cos i got a 1500 2din headeck sitting in a box in my room lol

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    If you read my original post it says you have to change alot more parts than just the faceplate, Its converting from a manual climate control to an electric so you need to change some of the internals of your dash, if done properly all your ac buttons and functions will still work. Google civic 96-98 to 99-00 climate control swap to get an idea of the parts required. Heres some links to help too

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=605432
    http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2320558