Member Array
    Car:
    Eg

1994 accord,cd5,dash cluster gauges,faces howis it hard to change

hey guys i have seen heaps of different gauges,faces for your cluster you can buy off ebay.
    im wondering how hard they are to fit and if anyone has any recommendations of which ones to get
    i think the white ones look pretty nice. but alot of them are in mph and i need kph.
    anyone got any pics of their gauges, on their cd5 post them up please.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/TYPE-R-RE...item519a7a14ac

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-ACC...ht_3386wt_1139

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Del Sol
    Hey mate they are really easy to install, you just need to remove your cluster which is only a few bolts in and around it. Unplug the 3 plugs behind the cluster and remove it. once you have done that you will need to remove the small metal clips going around the perimetre of the clear plastic casing. Once you've done this there are about 5 plastic clips connecting the casing to the cluster which you need to undo, the clear cover should just pop off. As for placing the the glow gauges on you will be able to turn the tacho and speedo indicator to slide the gauge over it fuel and temp should be the same though you may have to remove the needle. as for the cables leading to them run them out the back of the cluster. The cables will be terminated with small plastic plugs so you may need to drill a small hole for them to run through or you can just cut them and hardwire them. If you do drill a hole make sure to not damage any circuitry. It's a pretty easy job if you need a hand with it just PM me

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    hey thanks b005ha, i heard something about the needles having to re calibrated and it being difficult to replace on a cd5,

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Del Sol
    No prob, you can put needles back in yourself but it's a pain in the bum to get it right, might take a few goes. you shouldn't need to take them off though, just turn them so you can slide them through the hole in your dial.

Member Array
    Car:
    Eg
    alright sweet, ill give it a go thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CRX Del Sol
    How'd you go with it?