Thread: 5th Gen Prelude

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI

5th Gen Prelude

Hey I have recently bought a 5thgen lude and was wondering what is the widest i can go with rims n tyres without rolling my guards or getting spacers in 17's. oh and with a 1.5-2inch drop.

i have read on prelude australia that i can go 7.5inch wide with an offset of +48-52
    however that does not answer my question.
    can someone help me?
    Welcome Abourd

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    prelude 5th gen
    I've tried putting 7.5inch wide rims on my 5th gen. If its not like 14 inch wheels they're not guna fit.
    The problem with the prelude is the inside of the gaurd is narrow. So if you want a comfortable ride your max width will be 7inches. I recommend 6 or 6.5 inches maximum so you get a comfortable ride. I'm not too sure about 7inches but 7.5inch wide rims scrape like a mofo! they will fit on the car, but you will notice the wheel will stick out about 3-4cms so it is firstly a defect, and secondly cauz it is wider then the inside of the fender, every time you go over a bump the car is guna go up and down and the fender will bounce right on your wheel and bounce back off. There's two ways to go about it. You either buy a new set of tyres every 2-3 weeks (because the bouncing will eventually cut few your tyre) or you can get your gaurds rolled out. The rolling out of your gaurds will cost you an arm and a leg.
    My advice stick to 17inch wheels and possibly 6 or 6.5inch width. You'll not only enjoy your ride, but it will be road legal, safe and awsumly comfortable..........

Member Array
    Car:
    MK6 Golf GTI
    Sorry man this was a while ago. Im riding on enkei rpf1's 17x7.5 +48 with no scraping issues, the wheels are a bit sunk so im thinking about getting spacers aswell to stance it,out a bit!
    Im riding on a 2.5inch drop at the front and a 2 inch drop at the rear! So its low to the ground with a fair amount of natural camber at the front and doesnt scrape.
    But cheers for trying to help anyways mate
    Welcome Abourd