Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011

MY11 Odyssey Navigation keeps crashing

My GPS (factory on MY11 Luxury) keeps restarting. I had to replaced last week (which lead screw-driver marks on my dash plastics), but I noticed it restart while I was parking this morning.

Dealer is telling me that they can't troubleshoot these, and all they can do is replace..

Before I replaced it, it wiped my Bluetooth settings a few times when restarting as well.

Has anyone else experienced this?

have no experience but just prepare to fight with local dealer, Honda Australia and better get Fair Trading involves for better outcome. Good Luck!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    i guess you can only keep pushing them until it's fixed.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    Yeah.. will give them one more chance to fix it. Then I will deal with the plastics damages. Will report back with progress.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Sounds like a wiring issue. Could be a bad earth or bad harness plug connection, even a fuse not inserted correctly or faulty.

I've got the same model and I have witnessed this happen twice in mine, but it hasn't happened for about a month now so hopefully it's bedded in. As for the scratched trim I wouldn't let them get away with that, insist that they replace it at their cost.

Cheers Mario

Member Array
    Car:
    MY10 Ody Lux
    My advice, do NOT wait to deal with the damage to the plastics until later.
    Take the issue up with them immediately.
    Hopefully you've at least mentioned it to them already.

Trust me on this one.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    My unit is still glitching occasionally, but nothing I can reproduce as it is very random. I wonder how many of these units are affected and if Honda is considering a fix or recall.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Just had my ODC serviced and whilst there asked them to look into the reset issue. They said they couldn't find anything and it wasn't until I got the unit to reset in front of them (mine does it when trying to access the recent calls list amongst other things) that they decided to call Honda HQ. Honda advised them that they were aware of the issue and apparently it is down to a manufacturing fault. The unit is apparently manufactured by Panasonic and the replacement units are sent directly from Panasonic to the local Honda dealer. I'm just waiting for them to call when it arrives.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    Apologies, I should have updated earlier. My dealer advised that the problem is well known by the hq, and is a firmware issue. I had a honda technitian who came to my house and updated the unit firmware a few months ago. Since then, I havent had a single crash.

When I get home later, I will see if I can find the version from the unit and post back.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    Just checked this morning. My version is 3.3.1.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Thanks frums. My unit is Version 3.24.

Did you notice any other improved differences between software versions? Any extra features?

Cheers Mario

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    No.. Unfortunately everything looks and feels pretty much the same. I was actually hoping the lagginess would improve, but it didn't.

Oh also my dealer was saying that they need to replace the unit at the beginning too. But in the end they didn't.

I definitely wouldn't let them change your unit as they may damage the trim as they did with mine. In fact i saw that they did the same thing to their courtesy car (odyssey luxury as well).