Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Another Double DIN for Odyssey RB1 Question

I have just bought a black RB1 Odyssey and couldn't be happier. What would make me happier though is the prospect of modifying a few things, starting with the in car entertainment.

I really love the in dash, double din systems that I have seen browsing this forum especially those in atjo and ausaccord's odysseys.

My question is, can anyone recommmend a good installer who can replicate the above projects? I am in Maroubra in Sydney.

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    You can ask Laski (Aka_NSX) cause he has done the installation but you still need to buy the double-din console kit first. If you want to make it custom then you need to go to a proper shop that can do custom console and most likely made in fiberglass.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Thanks Atjo, I have asked around about the console kit and there didn't seem to be anywhere to buy all the bits off the shelf. I sent the component list to a few companies and jdm concept came back with this, http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/jdm-image/product2242.png

it is what I want but I just want to make sure it is a good price.

One other thing, the trim to cover the existing stereo controls doesn't seem to be included and I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it is out there but I can't speak japanese which is a bit of a barrier when looking at honda parts websites. where did you get yours?

By the way, I love your odyssey, very smart!

Member Array
    Car:
    Ohthatsit
    Laski (Aka_NSX) does great work. he has done 2 of my cars before and i even drove down to Sydney to get stuff fitted by him.
    GD3 -> EP3 -> RB3

FS Rays nuts etc

Polar Bear Array
    Car:
    09 RB1 Lux
    The stereo replacement trim you can ask evolution cause he's the one who got it for me or AusAccord cause he's mr odyssey hehe You can also buy the console kit from www.supergt.com.hk.
    Team Agentz

Options Motorsports

My Accord Euro: [ENDUT]

My Odyssey: [BRUANG]

MY GARAGE SALE

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by black_RB1 View Post
    Thanks Atjo, I have asked around about the console kit and there didn't seem to be anywhere to buy all the bits off the shelf. I sent the component list to a few companies and jdm concept came back with this, http://www.jdmconcept.com.au/jdm-image/product2242.png

it is what I want but I just want to make sure it is a good price.

One other thing, the trim to cover the existing stereo controls doesn't seem to be included and I can't find it anywhere. I'm sure it is out there but I can't speak japanese which is a bit of a barrier when looking at honda parts websites. where did you get yours?

By the way, I love your odyssey, very smart!
    Not the cheapest price, but I think its ok and the least hassle to get it from JDM Concept

Quote Originally Posted by Atjo View Post
    The stereo replacement trim you can ask evolution cause he's the one who got it for me or AusAccord cause he's mr odyssey hehe You can also buy the console kit from www.supergt.com.hk.
    Got mine from Singapore. Can't JDM concept get it for you? Here are the part numbers depending on what interior you have

77237-SFE-003ZE : NH667L : black stone print (Black interior RB1 Lux Model)
    77237-SFE-003ZD : YR305L : garnet madrone red print (Grey interior RB1 standard model)
    77237-SFE-003ZC : YR304L : garnet madrone brown print (Biege interior RB1 Lux Model)

black_RB1 - Forgot to add that I have a spare panel, but it is in a black woodgrain that is not found in our Oz colours.. 77237-SFE-003ZA : NH569L : ruby mahogany black print. Highly doubt you would want it though, but if you do let me know, can let you have it for cheap. Attached is a pic of the panel

Last edited by evolution; 08-12-2011 at 01:24 AM.
    Old man that drives slow cars

Thanks for the offer, evolution but I need the brown shift trim to match the rest of the interior. I'll try JDM concept - thanks for the part numbers, that will be a great help!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by black_RB1 View Post
    Thanks for the offer, evolution but I need the brown shift trim to match the rest of the interior. I'll try JDM concept - thanks for the part numbers, that will be a great help!

You might want to think about what you are going to do with the CD changer as well cos that's most prob going to be useless after you change the HU

congrat black_RB1 of your new purchase and welcome to this family men section!!

believe your RB1 is pre-FL model as with brown wood trims interior. be careful when purchasing interior trims from Japan as they have at least 5 different colors/patterns combination (brown, light brown, wooden, marble, etc). make sure you have the correct part number before placing order. remember Evo posted a list of that before, just search around to see.

i'm from Sydney as well so may be see you around on the road. happy modding!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2004
    Hey guys I am also new here and I have an Ody RB1 beige interior and am also studying the idea to install a double din kit. I was just checking yahoo auctions in Japan and I stumble into this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double_din.jpg 
Views:	1509 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	22261

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...tle=RB1%20BD66

Does it fit?

Member Array
    Car:
    06 TC'd RB1
    Quote Originally Posted by FHF View Post
    Hey guys I am also new here and I have an Ody RB1 beige interior and am also studying the idea to install a double din kit. I was just checking yahoo auctions in Japan and I stumble into this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	double_din.jpg 
Views:	1509 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	22261

http://www.importmonster.com.au/view...tle=RB1%20BD66

Does it fit?
    For 2 DIN, you will need this one, but the set is incomplete. It's missing quite a few parts