Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 OdysseyLux
    We've also been experiencing problems with our unit. While on USB mode, the music will just stop. We will have to remove the USB stick and re-plug it for it to work again. Tried different sticks, different formats, with or without tags -- all the same. Less frequent, but still frequent enough, is the whole system will reboot (showing the "Honda Navigation System" screen). At times, music will continue in the background and will return to the music screen but, less frequently, it will be just as if it was just turned on (you need to press the "Ok" button).

I have to check with firmware version we're on.

frums, did you experience the same issues while on USB? Has your unit been behaving since?

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Hi eml,

There seems to be a few different problems with these units. My dealer told me that they had been told by HQ that some units suffered from bad soldering and shorts, which meant the entire unit needed to be replaced. The weird thing was that I could force my unit to fail by a few key presses in the bluetooth phone call lists, forcing it into a reset. Frums problem seemed to be sorted by a simple firmware upgrade, although his issues did not seem all that different to mine. To be honest, I really don't think Honda have any idea what the problem is. I reckon that Honda bought cheap and have got all sorts of quality issues due to using cheap units.

Good luck with getting it sorted, I'm still waiting for over 5 weeks and still no joy. let us know what excuse the dealer gives.

Cheers Mario

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    I havent used the usb playback often but i have been using iphone 3gs plugged permanently as mp3 player. It has been working well except for the occasional hickup where it will not pick up the iphone after starting the car.. To me this doesnt sound like the same issue. I just have to replug the iphone to get it to work.

I'd say check your version first. My gps unit hasnt crashed once since.

Cheers

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 OdysseyLux
    just checked -- software version is 3.24. i'll email the dealer service manager and see if he can arrange for an update in the meantime.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    It should be two things only: Firmware and Wire. That was what happened to my sis car my11

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Just received another phone call from my service department about my replacement unit. Apparently Honda Australia don't want to replace the unit until they have upgraded the firmware to see if that fixes it. The dealer says it's going to be a couple more weeks before they receive an upgrade disk (you'd think they could just email or p2p it, but no, snail mail it is). It's now been 3 months waiting. They officially SUCK!!!!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2011 OdysseyLux
    well, our unit got replaced today ... it still hangs on USB!! will check firmware version tomorrow (or later)!

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    Well, that's not very good news. It really does sound that these units come from some backyard Chinese manufacturer. You would think that with the extra couple of thousand dollars that MY11 Ody owners had to fork over for the privilege of integrated SatNav that we would at least get a quality item. I wonder if a small claims court proceeding or class action suit would help us recover some of that premium due to the fact that I for one have been left in the lurch quite a few times relying on the SatNav only for it to die just before crucial direction changes. Is anyone at Honda listening?

Member Array
    Car:
    RB3
    I'm glad mine doesn't have the factory SatNav... I think a Garmin or a TomTom would be much better..

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    I had the firmware upgraded today. The Honda Technician looked so proud with himself when he sat in the car with me to show me that it was fixed. I almost Lol'd when about 12 key presses later I managed to make the unit fail and do a reset. The technician didn't look too happy after that . The tech admitted that the unit was borked. Back to square one.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Odyssey 2011
    Oh no..

I visited the service today where they tried to fix the trim. But it looks pretty much the same. So im still trying to work it out with them as well.

BTW are you able to crash the unit via certain key press sequences? If so I would like to give it a go as well.

Member Array
    Car:
    MY11 Odyssey Lu
    The way I get it to crash is to go into the phonebook, rapidly scroll down to the bottom and back to the top, not waiting for the unit to catch up with key presses. It will start to get very sluggish by now so try changing over to a different menu and scroll up/down in there. By now the unit should lock up and then do a reset. If you ask me I reckon it's the combination of cheap electronics and sloppy programming that is at fault.

I must admit that since the firmware update the unit has not failed or reset. I think I'm just going to give up and cancel the replacement unit. I'm happy to live with the fact that I just have to slow down my key presses and allow the unit to catch up. I really don't want to have some monkeys damage my dash and make the issue worse.