Page 16 of 35 FirstFirst ... 61314151617181926 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Softcox View Post
    Is it a problem mixing ATF fluids? Say I have DW1, is it fine to use Redline next time I change it over, considering it's still going to be ~1/4 (or whatever) DW1 left inside the trans. Silly question I know.
    You can mix different brands but not really recommeded. You should flush as much of the old fluid as you can.

Just an update, on a CU2 2012 the tranny filter is located/bolted on the side of the transmission tunnel closest to the firewall. If you look down to the electric power steering motor you will see the filter.

Member Array
    Car:
    2005 Accord Euro Luxury
    A tip for draining the oil.
    I found I can get a full 5 litres out in one drain if you can have the front of the car facing downhill after it is up on ramps.
    I have a sloping driveway so it was only a matter of reversing it up the driveaway and the running it up onto the ramps.
    In this position my driveway was steep enough for the front of the car to be lower than the rear.
    This helps getting more oil out of the tranny because the drain plug is at the front of the tranny.
    I also got some more from the converter by reinstalling the drain plug (finger tight) after draining and then running the engine for around 10 seconds and then taking out the drain plug again. I did this twice and got a reasonable amount of extra oil out.
    I am using Valvoline oil which is available in 5 litre containers and when I measured what I had drained out it completely filled a 5 litre container making it really easy to refill by simply putting the whole container of new oil back in.
    Having now changed out 10 litres in 2 changes and replacing the filter, I don't think I will proceed with a 3rd change as the car showed a significant improvement after the first change anyway with the shuddering completely gone.

Just a question Fredoops seeing as how you have pioneered this thread, why have the Mods not made this a sticky?
    Cheers
    Gary

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowcone View Post
    *snip*
    Just a question Fredoops seeing as how you have pioneered this thread, why have the Mods not made this a sticky?
    Cheers
    Gary
    No idea,

PS: added your tip to the front page
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

I feel that dw1 is not that much better than old fluid.
    Would redline or valvoline be better?
    I don't know what to look for in MDS sheet

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    I feel that dw1 is not that much better than old fluid.
    Would redline or valvoline be better?
    I don't know what to look for in MDS sheet
    depend on the age of your CU2, it might came with DW1 outta factory.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    depend on the age of your CU2, it might came with DW1 outta factory.
    2010 I believe z1 was factory fill

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I just bought a second hand Honda accord euro CL9 2008 58000km. When I read about the requirement to change the transmission oil every 20000-30000km I am concerned because the logbook said to replace them at 120000km or 7 years. I am sure the previous owners have not changed the transmission fluid.

I have decided to change the transmission oil. Can I use an aftermarket ATF either Valvoline Maxlife DEX/MERC ATF or Penrite ATF FS? Do I need to change the transmission filter as well?

Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ds4 View Post
    I have decided to change the transmission oil. Can I use an aftermarket ATF either Valvoline Maxlife DEX/MERC ATF or Penrite ATF FS? Do I need to change the transmission filter as well?

Thanks
    If its ATF-z1 compliant I don't see why you can't use other fluids for the CL9, just do a 3x3 of the new fluid you choose the first time you use it so the majority of the fluids in the case become the new fluid.

And yes, replacing the filter would be a good idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks Fredoops. I just called the dealer to give me a quote on Part 25430-PLR-003 $57. When I asked him to cross check if it fits the car, he said the part suitable for the VIN (JHMCL96308C2#####) is 25420-RCT-004 $118 (it comes in a kit with bolts, washer). Can you please confirm which transmission filter I should get for Honda Accord Euro 7th Gen 5Spd Auto?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by ds4 View Post
    Thanks Fredoops. I just called the dealer to give me a quote on Part 25430-PLR-003 $57. When I asked him to cross check if it fits the car, he said the part suitable for the VIN (JHMCL96308C2#####) is 25420-RCT-004 $118 (it comes in a kit with bolts, washer). Can you please confirm which transmission filter I should get for Honda Accord Euro 7th Gen 5Spd Auto?
    25420-RCT-004 is inside the transmission, thats a strainer, not a filter

(25420-RCT-004) STRAINER ASSY., ATF

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda...&block_03=2843

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Thanks Fredoops. I have a few more questions:

1. Reading the DIY ATF Service http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...and-ATF-Filter. He uses 3/8 Magnetic inline transmission filter. Is that an alternative part to the Honda part 25430-PLR-003?

2. From reading the product information on both Valvoline Maxlife DEX/MERC ATF and Penrite ATF Multi Vehicle FS, it has a note regarding not to be used for DSG and CVT. Does this note apply to the CL9 Euro?

- Valvoline MAXLIFE™ DEX/MERC ATF is suitable for Honda/Acura ATF-Z1 (except in CVTs) applications - http://www.valvoline.com/pdf/maxlife_atf.pdf.

- Penrite ATF Multi Vehicle FS - http://www.penriteoil.com.au/pis_pdf...UNE%202013.pdf. It has a note "Please Note: not for use in 6 and 8 speed ZF transmissions or 7 speed Mercedes Benz transmissions. Not for use in Direct-Shift Gearboxes (DSG) or Continuously Variable Transmissions (CVT)."

Is one better than the other?

3. When you said 3 x 3 - do you mean change the transmission fluid 3 times (every 10000km) with the same oil because each time I drain the transmission fluid I can only get 1/3 of the fluids?

4. When do you actually change the filter at the beginning of the cycle or at the last change?

Many Thanks.