Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 243132333435 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Excellent.

How dark is the fluid coming out?
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Excellent.

How dark is the fluid coming out?
    Pretty brown with plenty of bits of metal coming out. Particularly when compared to the fresh red ATF that went in.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by ribze1 View Post
    Pretty brown with plenty of bits of metal coming out. Particularly when compared to the fresh red ATF that went in.
    bits of metal?!?!...... how big are we talking? could be an issue if we are talking big.....

the magnet on the plug should have caught all of the small bits/ filings which are normal

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    '06 Euro Luxury
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    bits of metal?!?!...... how big are we talking? could be an issue if we are talking big.....

the magnet on the plug should have caught all of the small bits/ filings which are normal
    Not that big, I could see it as the fluid gushed out. The magnet did it's job too, plenty of metal filings on it,
    My mate (mechanic) didn't have any concerns.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Update 13.

new transmission added, happens to be made by AISIN, a Japanese transmission manufacturer owned partly by Toyota, and happens to make transmissions of similar design to Honda's
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Good old Aisin
    They make boxes for BMW too
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Good old Aisin
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasemas View Post
    Good old Aisin

as well as alfa romeos, opel/gm and ford.

i have a feeling those aisin gearboxes are very similar to Honda's .

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Anyone know what the part number to solenoid type C is? I've looked at the Acura online eStore and it's a bit confusing. Tried to image Google it and YouTube it and that didn't make it any clearer.

Started getting the flashing green "D" light in every now and then - and my auto wont shift past the 3rd gear when it happens (VSA lights up, picture of the gear/cog in the dash and the engine alert light comes up too).
    There's a pretty rough gear shift from 1st to 2nd if I don't lay off the accelerator at the shift point. I have to stop the car and turn it off for a minute and then I can restart it and can usually drive it normally again (shifts past 3rd).
    I took it into the local mechanic for a scan and it said shift solenoid Type C was faulty.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by laijer View Post
    Anyone know what the part number to solenoid type C is? I've looked at the Acura online eStore and it's a bit confusing. Tried to image Google it and YouTube it and that didn't make it any clearer.

Started getting the flashing green "D" light in every now and then - and my auto wont shift past the 3rd gear when it happens (VSA lights up, picture of the gear/cog in the dash and the engine alert light comes up too).
    There's a pretty rough gear shift from 1st to 2nd if I don't lay off the accelerator at the shift point. I have to stop the car and turn it off for a minute and then I can restart it and can usually drive it normally again (shifts past 3rd).
    I took it into the local mechanic for a scan and it said shift solenoid Type C was faulty.
    I'm having similar issues, car won't shift into 4th gear in auto mode. If I engage semi auto mode I can get the car to shift into 5th, although 4th does not engage. Also car is no longer engaging reverse. Did you have any luck with replacing the shift solenoid?
    Last edited by fleeball; 23-05-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    07 Euro luxury 5AT
    Nah, the problem just went away.
    I took it to HondaWorld in Clayton VIC, the mechanic said it was a part inside the tranny that was worn out and was causing it to lose pressure when it shifted gears and the engine management would detect the pressure loss and basically chuck the car into "safe mode". I had to either reco the tranny or replace it. I was going to get a reco tranny, but the problem stopped appearing.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    03 Honda Accord Euro Lux
    Thanks for replying. Looks like I mmight need to get a reco tranny.