Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2229303132333435 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewRox22 View Post
    honda don't have the item on the service schedule until 120,000km/6 years for the factory fill
    BMW say their ATF is fill for life.

does that sound right to you?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    BMW say their ATF is fill for life.

does that sound right to you?
    they also tell you that you don't need dipsticks haha

Nothing is ever 'for life' unless it's the life of their warranty

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    I think BMW is right. Its for the life of the transmission, which is not very long if you don't change the oil. :-)

Was able to get motul atf VI cheaper than honda oem.
    They claim compatibility with z1 and dw1 so will give that a go next time. Anyone used motul in their auto?
    CU2 Auto ECU Flashed Finally extra power

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Can you please tell us where you got the motul atf from and how much were they?

Great post!

My Honda Legend KB1 (J35a engine) has recently done around 170k and has followed all the service schedules. The ATF was changed during the 120k service. Just checked the fluid, and the colour seemed to be brown (non-black and doesn't smell burnt). Can someone please give me some guidance as to what's the best way to approach this? I'm mindful that there could be some transmission damage and if I put in new fluid it might raise the sediments and therefore increasing the risk of damaging the transmission?

Also what ATF should I get? Would any of the ATF-DW1 equivalent on the front page do the job?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow View Post
    Great post!

My Honda Legend KB1 (J35a engine) has recently done around 170k and has followed all the service schedules. The ATF was changed during the 120k service. Just checked the fluid, and the colour seemed to be brown (non-black and doesn't smell burnt). Can someone please give me some guidance as to what's the best way to approach this? I'm mindful that there could be some transmission damage and if I put in new fluid it might raise the sediments and therefore increasing the risk of damaging the transmission?

Also what ATF should I get? Would any of the ATF-DW1 equivalent on the front page do the job?

Thanks!
    change it, 50,000km is nothing to worry about but it should be a red. is there a reason you think there would be problems with changing it or why you think there would be sediment?

check what your manual recommends but it should be compatible with the same fluids in the first post, DW1 is required for all new Honda trans coming out of the factory now but all older ones are able to take Z1 which is a bit thicker and cheaper.... DW1 is supposed to be backwards compatible though

http://www.datateck.com.au/Lube/PenriteAus/

3 drops and 3 fill method with some driving in between will change most of the oil in there otherwise others have offered suggestions on what they do

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoocow View Post
    Great post!

Thanks!
    Change fluid.then change again after 5k and again after 10k from initial service.

Will be new again
    SSpamily

Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Can you please tell us where you got the motul atf from and how much were they?
    Ebay . I had a voucher too. I seen they are around $25 a litre tho.
    Will try and post how i go
    Not much info on motul stuff.
    CU2 Auto ECU Flashed Finally extra power

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by 08r3308 View Post
    Ebay . I had a voucher too. I seen they are around $25 a litre tho.
    Will try and post how i go
    Not much info on motul stuff.
    $25 a liter? Jesus....
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Euro 2014 MY15
    hi since brand new my auto accord euro would jerk and make a loud noise when shifted to R from P only when parked up hill.

is this normal?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Yeah. That's normal.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars