Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R

Question '94 VTI-R, needs lowering!

Hey guys, I was wondering what I should do to lower my car. The back isn't too bad, but the front is too high, as shown in the picture. I'm currently in school and not working, just living off centre-link so I'm looking for something not too expensive that will also give me my desired look. I also intend to change my wheels to 15 X 8 Axis OG's in the near future, in case that might have an effect on anything. As you may have figured, I'm not really in the know with cars just yet so any advice will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by henry.; 09-09-2011 at 08:14 PM.

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Bring it over and i'll cut your springs for FREE! lol
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Why is it all commodore looking as ****? Someone cut the rears?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    I bought it like that and haven't done anything to it since.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    looks like stock height on the front and lowered on the back, lol find some cheap springs on this forum, $200 or so

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    Used springs might set you back $150-200, see if you can just get some fronts.

Don't be one of those noobs who buys coilovers just because they want to lower their car.

I have a set of shocks already with lowering springs on them for sale if you keen. straight swap no need to play around with spring compressors and shit, can just change the fronts to even it out or change all 4

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    How much of a drop will I get from the springs, and are they difficult to change?

2" front 1.5" rear, i can change the fronts in about 30 minutes, very easy. Rear requires 2 people (one must be fat to stand on the rotor lol)

Member Array
    Car:
    integra dc4
    my dc2 height looks exactly like this lol. i bought a set of teins s tech springs which lowers the car 2.5 at the front and 1.7 at the rear which i think when installed will fix the problem with a perfect height. getting it installed tomorrow. cant wait for the result!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    DC2 VTI-R
    How much you looking for Charlie? I'll let you know if I'm interested, and I'm definitely not fat enough hahah.

Quote Originally Posted by spn.fed View Post
    my dc2 height looks exactly like this lol. i bought a set of teins s tech springs which lowers the car 2.5 at the front and 1.7 at the rear which i think when installed will fix the problem with a perfect height. getting it installed tomorrow. cant wait for the result!
    Nice, mind posting up some pics after you get them installed? So I can see if that's the kind of height I'm going for

Member Array
    Car:
    integra dc4
    yeh , i can get pics for u once its done
    when considering lowering springs, make sure you get some aftermarket shocks to go with it so your stock shocks wont blow lol.