Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

DIY: Accord Euro CU2 Centre Console/Stereo Removal

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought a second hand Euro 2008 model and one of things that was missing was bluetooth/Ipod connectivity so I ordered a Grom Unit that enables both. The unit connects directly to the back of the stereo as it integrates with all the OEM functionality. So far the unit works great, bluetooth is clear and comes from all the speakers and I can control the bluetooth and the ipod via the steering wheel buttons. The only issue I have is that the ipod still continues to plays when the ignition is turned off. Hopefully the guys from Cushie Audio where I bought it from can give me sort of answer.

Anyway back to the install part, in order to connect the bluetooth/ipod unit, I needed to get to the back of the stereo which is in the dash. After a lot of researching around on the net (hence I stumbled on this site) there was nothing clear for the Australia Accord Euro. Hopefully this step by step guide helps those that are looking at pulling either the console out or want to access the stereo for any reason without having to spend all day searching like I did.

Step 1:
    Remove the centre drinks holder console - this requires grabbing the drinks holder with a firm grip and start by lifting one of the rear corners out - I found it easier to start rear left passenger side corner

Once it's lifted up fractionally, use a flat head screw driver or spatular and gently work your way around to the front left corner which lines up with cigarette lighter. You'll hear sharp "cracking" sounds from clips undoing themselves as you move around the gear stick to lift out the drinks console.

Underneath the console, you'll find connectors for the seat warmers that are fairly easy to disconnect. Once removed, you can lift the whole drinks console over the gear stick and put in a safe place.

Step 2:
    There are a lot of screws that needs to be removed. The first two you'll see is when you lift out the drinks console, this holds down the side trims.

Step 3:
    Gently pull up the side trims, initially they need a bit of force to pull out, start from a corner and work your way around.

To take out the passenger side trim, you also need to take the passenger trim above the glove box first because there is 1 screw holding down the passenger side trim. Opening the glove box door allows for easy access to one of the corners.

Step 4:
    Remove the heater control unit
    There are 8 screws which holds the heater unit

Remove the two screws after the heater unit has been removed;

Step 5:
    Remove Screw from underneath the ash tray - follow the instructions on the ash tray lid to push out the ash tray by pushing the lid back otherwise the ash tray won't come out.

Start from lifting from the bottom to pull the clips near the gear stick out. Next lift the ash tray from the back of the lid and lift out wards, it's a tight but it will come out.

Step 6:
    Remove the two screws from underneath the storage compartment in the centre - it's a bit tricky as it's tight underneath the gap.

Step 8:
    Remove the 2 screws from underneath the stereo.

Step 9:
    Take a firm grip with both hands from underneath the stereo and pull it out which will lift the stereo from the bottom.

You can continue to pull out the stereo from the top fairly easily.

TO REMOVE CENTRE CONSOLE

Remove all the side screws,

Step 10:
    Remove the two screws at the bottom of console and the two screws under the rear air vents.
    The air vents are only held down by clips which you can pry out with you hand, grabbing out from the base of the air vent in the rear seat

Bottom Front Console

Bottom Rear Console (View from Top)

Step 11:
    Remove two screws inside the console which is located under the plastic mat

Step 12:

Remove the black felt sides seen in side pictures with all the screws, there are two more screws behind it:

If you repeat this on the passenger side, you should then be able to lift the centre console out (if you ever needed to)

That's about it, sorry if it's a bit high level but I took the photos as I was fumbling around, and looking back, it would probably only take about an hour from start to go now that I know what to do but allow a couple of hours. Remember to take your time and take care so as not to damage any of your trimmings.
    Last edited by snypster; 20-09-2011 at 12:47 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    For some reason the photos are not showing, but if you right click and open the photo in new tab, it will take you to the link of the photo

Manage to fix it image posting...hope this helps people as I found this site to be useful and wanted to return the favour as I've reference JustRight's work for a very similar speaker upgrade and am very happy with the upgrade (using focal speakers as well) - Thanks JustRight.
    Last edited by snypster; 11-09-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    05 EURO CL9
    wrong section but (Y)
    OH WERD?!!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Thanks, can a moderator move this thread? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro CU2
    Awesome!!!!!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Great diy. I've moved your thread to the diy section.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Hey mate - just after some advice.

I've realised for some reason BOTH the 12V power and the AUX input in my centre console aren't working. I've checked the fuse which seems fine, plus the cigarette lighter is working fine.

So, just wondering if you had any other ideas for quick diagnosis. Which bits do I have to remove to check the wiring at the centre console end? Admittedly could just pull it apart but being a bit lazy. It's also a bit curious to me why both 12V and AUX which should be independent are both not working....

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by mopiko View Post
    Which bits do I have to remove to check the wiring at the centre console end? Admittedly could just pull it apart but being a bit lazy. It's also a bit curious to me why both 12V and AUX which should be independent are both not working....
    You just have to remove the drink holder (part 1 of the DIY) to get to the distal ends of the cables. To get to the start of the cables I guess you have to go all the way. Easier just to replace the fuse first.

Just curious - does the USB connector work (if you have one)?
    Honda Accord Tourer Exe 2009 (CU2), 2.0l VTEC automatic.

Nah fuse was first thing I checked... Plus the cigarette lighter is working fine, and the AUX shouldn't have a fuse....

I don't have a USB connector unfortunately...

Member Array
    Car:
    CU2 Accord Euro
    Hey mate where did you find a Grom unit for iPod in the CU2? I have a 2008 and would love that functionality!
    '97 Teg VTi-R - GONE :'( -> '08 CU2