Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Anyone compression tested their B18C2/VTi-R's?

Chucked the compression tester on my '95 VTi-R (146,000kms) the other day and I was pretty pleased with the results as they were quite consistent.

Cyl 1: 200psi
    Cyl 2: 197psi
    Cyl 3: 195psi
    Cyl 4: 202psi

from what I read normal compression for the B18C2 is between 180 and 220? so I guess this is pretty decent.

I'm just curious to see if anyone else has tested theirs? post up your results!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

sweet readings mate, congrats on a healthy engine
    B20VTEC - since 2002

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    thanks buddy!
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    anyone else done their B18C2's? maybe this should be moved to the technical forum or something..
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Cyl 1: 195
    Cyl 2: 205
    Cyl 3: 197
    Cyl 4: 205

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    pretty similar results hey. what kind of oil do you use if you don't mind me asking?
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

I used to use oem oil and it burnt quick. Have been using magnatec for 6 months, and personally reckon it's better then oem and doesn't burn as quick. Good stuff, what do you use?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Nulon 15W-50 fully synthetic.

OEM oil is just Caltex haha, it's even got the star on the cap. and 10W-30 is in most cases much too thin for a car that revs to 8000RPM+ from the mid 90's.

good numbers though man. it seems as though our engines are quite healthy by the looks of it
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Hey guys, looking to buy a motor from a member here and he says the motor has 180 compression across all 4 cylinders, is this pretty healthy? I asked Dad and he says it is but I thought I might check this out before I make any more decisions. Cheers!
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well from reading some of the U.S. forums and a post or two from here it seems 180-220 is healthy for B18C2/1.

the helms manual states "must be no higher than 270PSI and no less than 135PSI"

270 would not be stock compression. pretty sure stock compression is about 220 on the B18C2 and about 250 on B18C7. I think helms is just stating that it should not be higher than this on the stock engine. (assuming 270 is the max the stock block and pistons can handle maybe?)

it'd be good to get some more input from some of the admins or tech experts on our compression results and testing
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    EG
    Yeah cause I dont wanna buy a motor that has 180 across all cylinders if thats a bad thing, but I mean if its not then I'm super keen cause I'm getting a good deal haha. The fact that it says no higher then 270 and no less than 135 just shows to me that 180 is a little less than halfway in between which seems reasonable
    SunCoast Hondas

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well 270 sounds INSANE on a stock motor lol so think of it this way, if the stock comp for B18C2 is 220 as I think it is, look at it as where it is between 135 and 220.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015