Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car

Car clubs and track events Melbourne?

Hey sorry if this has been covered but..

who is a good car club in Melbourne who does track days and hill climb events?

hoping for a good friendly atmosphere will plenty of consistent events and no prejudice

somewhere to have some fun

cheers for anyhelp

EXE-crew.com for track days etc Great bunch of people with quality cars. They do two Winton track days a year as well as DECA days and skidpan etc etc Try to avoid 'tampered motorsport organised track days, unless your desperate or really really keen. Pretty badly organised but can still be good.
    WINTON PB: 1:36.30
    WAKEFIELD PB: 1:07.59
    Supported by: Hybrid Racing + Hardrace Australia
    MSC Performance FTW

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    thank you for that... i see your required to have an invitation code how may i get one? seems like they do plenty of events which is great!

Please send me an invitation too. I am in Melbourne every month or so, I would love to join some people on a track day.

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    WRX club is good, they run a lot of days at various tracks around Victoria. Need to have a WRX of Liberty GT to join the club though, but you don't need to be a club member to be part of the track days. This is a good forum to find out when they are having a track day: http://www.motorsportevents.com.au/M...03ffab5527863c. They are pretty strict though, and you don't tend to get a massive amount of track time.

As mentioned there is EXE which I don't know much about, I have done a couple of tampered days and agree they aren't the most oragnised and usually pretty busy. They are usually run at Winton. If your after Phillip Island PIARC is a good club to join up to. They run a day every few months and are well organised.

Another one (which I think is one of the best track days to do) is actually the John Bowe high performance course. Held at various tracks around Australia, you pay more for the day but you get a massive amount of track time and numbers are smaller so your not running in traffic all the time. Only issue is it's not timed, but you can just get your own lap timer for $100 these days. Also get advice from pro's drivers too.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    hey cool how do i get in touch with John Bowe hp course ? also is an ED Civic perhaps a little slow for that kind of (rich Kids) course? lol lots of golf r's, r8s and the lot haha

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    also does ozhonda do club/track days in Melbourne? ill put my hand up to organize if not ?

Member Array
    Car:
    '88 Civic GL
    This is the site for the John Bowe course: http://www.johnbowedriving.com.au/index.php
    haha...don't worry, I have an ED too and it held it's own. The one I went to there was some pretty serious machinery there: Ferrari 458, Audi R8, 911's, a 911 cup car, but also a lot of normal cars like Falcon's, Renault Clio 172's, Mini's, etc...And your all spaced out enough that you don't really come across other cars that much anyways. Another one happening at Winton in Novemeber which I will probably go to.

As I said, more expensive than the normal track day, but if I am already forking out decent cash to head to the track, I would rather pay a bit more and get 2-3 times the amount of track time while I am there. And also get some pointers from pro's as to how I can knock some more time off.

Naa, OzHonda doesn't organize any track days like that. Would be interested if they did...depends on what numbers you can get I guess.
    Check out my ED Civic progress here: http://edcivicracecar.blogspot.com.au/

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    Sweet well ill sign up if your going to it will be good to up against another ed lol sounds worth while !!

pm with detals?