Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymui View Post
    Untill VTEC kicks in, the engines are identical (same CC, same cam ratios i believe, both 16v 2L)

And if the Base is flashed, its actually BETTER below vtec cams engaging on the DC5r

PS. go check ur wiki for torque figure for both of these, and u'll know the things u said, is not valid
    Sorry boss, the base model compression ratio, head casting, intake manifold, basically everything apart from the block, crankshaft and other minor parts are different. The base model does not even have traditional VTEC with an additional 3rd lobe per cylinder on the camshaft. I couldn't tell you which would be quicker at lower RPM but over any decent distance the gearing, high RPM power and lighter mass of the Type R will make it pull away from a base model like it is standing still.

Seems like the original poster doesn't really need the additional features of the Type R so just find a nice base model/luxury in your budget, and you can always K24 it down the track if you want decent performance.

Member Array
    Car:
    D15BSwappedEM1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indie View Post
    Labelling somebody else a troll while simultaneously trolling them? Hypocrite.
    Last edited by SuperJDM.; 22-09-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    Originally Posted by charliebrown
    And whoever said my gsi is overpriced... you got NO idea mate. GSis go for 13k+

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Sorry boss, the base model compression ratio, head casting, intake manifold, basically everything apart from the block, crankshaft and other minor parts are different. The base model does not even have traditional VTEC with an additional 3rd lobe per cylinder on the camshaft. I couldn't tell you which would be quicker at lower RPM but over any decent distance the gearing, high RPM power and lighter mass of the Type R will make it pull away from a base model like it is standing still.

Seems like the original poster doesn't really need the additional features of the Type R so just find a nice base model/luxury in your budget, and you can always K24 it down the track if you want decent performance.
    Sorry boss, I was quoting what he said in previous post, I didn't type that or giveisleading info, only gave him the 'ps' message, please read msg beforehands

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffreymui View Post
    Sorry boss, I was quoting what he said in previous post, I didn't type that or giveisleading info, only gave him the 'ps' message, please read msg beforehands
    Oh sorry, I didn't read the whole circlejerk of a thread. Maybe use the quote feature to make it clear that you are quoting someone else?

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R
    yeah, will do next time boss! iphone screen too small