Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Integra Luxury

Oh, what have I done? Can anyone help?

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum and require help. I just bought a double din Alpine W203E Headunit and decided to install it. Found a couple of threads about it and set out to do the job. I used the following two diagrams: http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...wiring-diagram
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...asersxmy4.jpg/

Which contradict each other slightly. I have done the wiring job and unfortunately the head unit does not power on. Whats worse, my needles seem to spasm and go up 1/4 revolution when I start the engine (The temp goes up all the way) and then after one second it comes back down again. The locking mechanism only works when the car is on and in the 2 and 3 positions of the ignition switch. when I take the key out neither the remote or the switch on the drivers door console works. I am starting to panic.

I do remember pulling the wiring tape so that it would reveal more of the wiring (I needed to splice it since I couldn't find a wiring cluster). Yet I don't understand what I could have pulled in order to get such a response from the car. I welcome any theories, and many thanks in advance

Honda Integra Luxury DC5

Can anyone help?

suggest you take that thing out asap worse case senario is that all your wires have melted under the dash and that shit is not cheap to fix

Are you able to take it out and reconnect all the wires that you have spliced so far? Get it all back the way it was when you found it? I've wired countless head units and never had what you are describing happen to me. Seems very odd.
    Wanted to Buy: Any aftermarket parts for DC5 Integra. PM me.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec powered
    use google search, i did, and it worked perfectly..

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    INTEGRA TYPE S
    my theory is that you blew one of the fuse. that's why the keyless entry don't work probly. but im confuse about all the gauges spasm.
    get a mechanic or a technician to have a look at it man. seem pretty serious...