Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: [CL9] Euro Mods

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by MingZai View Post
    Ever since my header / hiflowcat combo stuff has been added on there's this raspy / air wushing out sound haha.... not exactly raspy but yeah... dunno if it's normal

on the other note... I might have a GENUINE luckystar bodykit coming in.. cause I can't find a genuine mugen front bumper....
    Air wushing? thats stainless steel header....
    Hence Why I got DC sport... mild steel with ceramic coating... VERY quiet...

PS... It seems the Im the only one atm who got so many struts up the front on stock suspension lol!
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    Yer mine sounds much better when its colder
    agreed my catback is louder at start up and when it's generally colder

Ever since my header / hiflowcat combo stuff has been added on there's this raspy / air wushing out sound haha.... not exactly raspy but yeah... dunno if it's normal

on the other note... I might have a GENUINE luckystar bodykit coming in.. cause I can't find a genuine mugen front bumper....
    you'd be talking about the hissing noise the headers make. it's pretty common for headers..i get it too
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Which header are you using? Some cheaper headers can have cracks develop in the flex joiner after a short while.

Melb seems more fun. Not that many modded Euros in Sydney.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Which header are you using? Some cheaper headers can have cracks develop in the flex joiner after a short while.

Melb seems more fun. Not that many modded Euros in Sydney.
    He got a Weapon R race header hooked up to a metal car welded onto a test pipe iirc
    So no flex pipe :-)
    Last edited by Fredoops; 20-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    04 Euro Lux
    Not many in qld either D:
    Mods: Pioneer Double DIN GPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Buddyclub N+ Spec, Topspeed Headers, Skunk2 Catback Exhaust

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Result?
    front lower strut & RSB
    Well the car is lighter handling wise, steering is lighter (dont ask me how it just friggin does) and more responsive. the front end just bites and rear end just goes.
    - understeers much less now
    Update:
    Just came back from a night run of Mt Coot-tha here in brissy, as a comparison to a run 2 weeks ago (without the mods installed)

Liking the handling with the bars and the RSB, very much so.
    - Bugger all understeer, point and goes with confidence.
    - Lighter (dunno how) and sharper/more direct steering, and you feel the grip more (even with stock suspension).

All in all, RSB/TOWER/LOWER bars are good investments

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro 03
    I only have the rsb and it feels good i can imagine it with all the other stuff

Member Array
    Car:
    04 CL9, 11 323i
    Hmmmmmm guys look up luckystar front for euro... so agressiveee but I like it haha probs going to go with that kit with the oem wing ~ different look in melbourne probably the only one with genuine kit too!

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    With the thicker RSB it is fun without understeer. But when driving at the limit in a long sweeping corner, it is quite unnerving how light and floaty the rear feels, so much so that the car feels like it is going to swap ends.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    With the thicker RSB it is fun without understeer. But when driving at the limit in a long sweeping corner, it is quite unnerving how light and floaty the rear feels, so much so that the car feels like it is going to swap ends.
    +1

Noticed that too, hence why mine is now back to oem RSB
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by shmivic View Post
    +1

Noticed that too, hence why mine is now back to oem RSB
    I didnt notice that at all, but then Im on Stock suspension and running lower Psi's up the rear than front.

did y'all have harder suspension up the rear tho?

Member Array
    Car:
    Blown NHBP CL9
    ^ i have Spoon full-spec damper kit.. So yeah pretty firm.
    V T E C h n i q u e
    Since 2001
    OG Member #3