Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    The car has not seen the track as of yet.
    Have put close to 5000KM of daily use and few hard runs thru the mountains. Very consistent even when abused.
    Just makes my shiny black rims look matte black in between washes.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    PS im using 2500. I rate em. Probs going to be the pad of choice for the rest of my life lol.

I have heard good things about project Mu ordering a set for my jazz see how that one goes.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    PMU HC800 > DS2500

I've tracked on A1RM (which are the same compound as DS2500) and HC800, the HC800 take the cake for bite and withstanding heat imo. Just don't run them on the rear or you'll either lock the tyres or feel a lot of abs working lol.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    i use oem on dirt track
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    i use oem on dirt track
    I use dirt pads on OEM track
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    I use dirt pads on OEM track
    where in da outback u get dat
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

PMU HC800 > DS2500

I've tracked on A1RM (which are the same compound as DS2500) and HC800, the HC800 take the cake for bite and withstanding heat imo. Just don't run them on the rear or you'll either lock the tyres or feel a lot of abs working lol.
    I think I'll keep the EBC yellows in the rears, they really weren't doing much and aren't getting very hot at all.

How many sessions / track days can you get out of the HC800? Do you mind sharing your setup (rotor size/type, dust shields retained, duct work etc)?

Price wise looking around

~$250 for either DS2500/Pmu HC800

or next step up

~$300 for either DS3000/Pmu RC09

I'm really leaning towards the higher heat range spec pads now because I don't want to waste time and money if the others are just going to fail after 4 events but I'm not sure I'll get them hot enough to get the most benefit.

The EBC yellows were only about half worn before they overheated and crumbled, so there was definitely more life in them if they didn't fail so miserably due to heat. If others are getting away with less race oriented pads with similar setup I would prefer that if possible.
    Last edited by rc_; 29-04-2015 at 04:43 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    How many sessions / track days can you get out of the HC800? Do you mind sharing your setup (rotor size/type, dust shields retained, duct work etc)?
    I don't know I haven't worn them out. I haven't experienced any fade yet. 280mm T2 slotted rotors, two-piston USDM legend calipers, braided lines, no dust shields, no ducting

Quote Originally Posted by rc_ View Post
    I'm really leaning towards the higher heat range spec pads now because I don't want to waste time and money if the others are just going to fail after 4 events but I'm not sure I'll get them hot enough to get the most benefit.

The EBC yellows were only about half worn before they overheated and crumbled, so there was definitely more life in them if they didn't fail so miserably due to heat. If others are getting away with less race oriented pads with similar setup I would prefer that if possible.
    If you only really drive the car on the track then there's no reason not to use proper race pads
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DA9T+Euro
    When you say don't run them in the rear, what would you suggest instead combined with the HC800 up front?
    DA9 LS w/JDM SiR B18C turbo
    Looking for older Honda project car pre-1985

I don't know I haven't worn them out. I haven't experienced any fade yet. 280mm T2 slotted rotors, two-piston USDM legend calipers, braided lines, no dust shields, no ducting

If you only really drive the car on the track then there's no reason not to use proper race pads

Yeah, think that's what I'll do.

At the time when I got the yellows they were advertised as track day pads and are supposed to be ok up to 700deg so I read. They did stop well and negligible fade previous to last outing, just didn't hold up to the temps.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mooshie View Post
    When you say don't run them in the rear, what would you suggest instead combined with the HC800 up front?
    It will depend on how much weight you have in the rear end and what your brake balance is like. I had HC800 front and rear at the last track day and found that although it pulled up really well, the rear tyres were sometimes locking under hard braking. I will be using QFM HPX street pads on the rear next time. I think the HC800 just bite too good for the rear end which in my case has hardly any weight. On the front tho, they are excellent.

Keep in mind I don't have ABS as well.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015