Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000

No lights or sound when arming/disarming Alarm

Hey guys,

I just purchased a second hand 2000 S2000 and it is amazing full stop.

The car has a few mods but I'm pretty sure the alarm system is stock (says Honda on the remote), there is a small black box under the hood that has 3 key modes that are changed with a small black key.

Whenever I arm or disarm the car there are no lights or sounds, the doors physically lock and unlock though.

If I change the black box to the 2nd mode, it makes a bad screeching noise when locked, nothing when unlocked and still no lights. The last mode is just a soft bad sounding siren.

I've tried holding down 2 buttons on the remote for 5 seconds to supposedly get it out of "valet mode" (from another forum) but that doesn't work. There are no instructions in the manual....

I'm guessing I need to reconnect a few wires,,,, Please help

much appreciated

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    S2000s didn't come with a factory alarm.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    So is the black box under the hood stock and I literally have no alarm system or do I have an aftermarket alarm system? I have the standard 3 button remote that says Honda on it.

Should there be no lights and sound?

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    The car has remote central locking and the remote sounds like a standard one. Not sure about the box though. Perhaps a picture? I expect it's aftermarket.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    You're right AusS2000 it is aftermarket, I traced its wires. The black box has a loudspeaker underneath it but its useless, I've tried setting the alarm off. No make or model on it either.

Do you know which stock wires are for triggering the indicator lights or where I could find out?

That 3 prong wire isn't stock is it?

Thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    No idea.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    all good haha, thanks man

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    I found it, but I forgot... lol

Nah just kidding... In the steering column loom, find the two BROWN WIRES - i think they had yellow dots on them, these are your LEFT/RIGHT turn signal wires.. From what I can remember anyway.. Stupid how there is not light gleaming with factory central locking, the whole reason why I went to get an aftermarket alarm haha..

Goodluck man.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    Also, Stock Honda S2000 alarm systems weren't available for Australian models but you could buy from the states to retro fit I think.

Try pressing your lock button twice and see what happens, but by the looks/sounds of it I think the previous owner removed the alarm unit and left the siren. PS. Do I see a plate welded on your strut tower or am I dellusional?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Thanks zhong, pressing lock twice doesn't do anything differently for me. That black box must be completely useless because I can start the car when its locked.

I have no idea what those plates are. I know Billstein suspension was fitted to the car for 2,000kms but that cant be the reason can it lol

I also have no idea what that pink and blue thing is either. It must be an oil cooler because it leads to the top of the cylinder block
    Last edited by Simmoyo; 29-09-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    S2K
    It's a catch can system...

I think the strut towers are like that, i just haven't seen my one for a while.. haha

Goodluck with it man, i recommend to just buy a new alarm.

Engine torque dampener on the strut methinks.