Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

best oil filter to use for dc5r?

hey im doing an oil change today i was wondering what oil filter to use i have no idea since there are so many differrent sizes etc. i dont mind spending extra money for a better filter thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    I'd just use a genuine Honda oil filter.. But thats just me..
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE

Member Array
    Car:
    jdm b16a civic
    better to use genuine filter

where do i buy genuine filters from lol?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Hahaha. If your in Adelaide let me know.. I've got heaps I can give you one if your near by.. Your probably from Sydney tho.. Most people on here are.. Lol.
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE

Genuine from HONDA or Ryco filter which are quite good. Can get those from Supercheap 'Z547' from memory!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Just use an OEM Honda one, although even the quality of those will vary, the current lighter blue thai made ones might not be as good as the older Filtech or the much older Toyo Roki. If you want the ultimate OEM filter then you can still get the S2000 specific filter (15400-PCX-004) which is larger in diameter with more and better quality filter media, and purportedly different bypass pressure. These were once always made by Toyo Roki in Japan but the one I have sitting in front of me was made by Filtech in the USA.

Member Array
    Car:
    AccordCB7 Turbo
    I've been getting K&N Oil Filters for my Accord shipped from the US, costing me about $10 AUD a filter after shipping.
    The exchange rate has changed somewhat since my last order.. So they'd probably be around $12-13 AUD now.. It's still a steal.

Could be worth looking into?

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Jccck, that's a good price, I might look into it myself and give them ago..
    Cheers.
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Quote Originally Posted by chargeR View Post
    Just use an OEM Honda one, although even the quality of those will vary, the current lighter blue thai made ones might not be as good as the older Filtech or the much older Toyo Roki. If you want the ultimate OEM filter then you can still get the S2000 specific filter (15400-PCX-004) which is larger in diameter with more and better quality filter media, and purportedly different bypass pressure. These were once always made by Toyo Roki in Japan but the one I have sitting in front of me was made by Filtech in the USA.
    yeh whats with the new ones being made in thailand? i did oil change last month and was shattered to see the oil filter being made in thailand.. and it cost me like $2 more then last time. shattered days lol.

all honda oil filters are the same size yeh ? so if i ask for a s2000 oil filter next time, will they giv me an s2000 one? or would they assume theyre all the same and get me the normal one ?
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Quote Originally Posted by dc2r-0636 View Post
    yeh whats with the new ones being made in thailand? i did oil change last month and was shattered to see the oil filter being made in thailand.. and it cost me like $2 more then last time. shattered days lol.

all honda oil filters are the same size yeh ? so if i ask for a s2000 oil filter next time, will they giv me an s2000 one? or would they assume theyre all the same and get me the normal one ?
    Yeah the thread and gasket area are the same on all the modern (post 80s) Hondas that I have seen, but the S2000 (and old B series style) filters are bigger in diameter so they might not fit all new cars if other stuff is in the way. I would bet money that most Honda dealers in Australia only stock the one type of filter and if you ask for an S2000 filter they will just give you a normal one, or give you a funny look. I ordered mine from the US.

Quote Originally Posted by BLV-27J View Post
    where do i buy genuine filters from lol?
    from toyota spare parts.