Suspension Guru's - EK -> EG question.

Hi guys, recently changed cars from the supra to an 94 EG civic for various reasons

Before i get some wise guy posting. I have searched for my question which is fitting EK coilovers into an EG (audm) there are atleast 50 relevant threads and i have read about 30+ of them from multiple sources! my question is not answered clearly

I am aware the fronts fit but the rears do not due to EG having a wider bushing which does not allow the fork to fit through on the rear.... Now that that's sorted here is my question.

Can some one confirm that it is possible to use an EK bushing and fit it into the EG rear LCA in such a way that the fork will fit normally??

Instead of modifying the rear EG bushing with a grinder which to me rings many alarm bells.
    Last edited by g0harvey; 02-10-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: clarification

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    Ok, I happen to have both these items hanging around. The short answer: no.

The eg Bushing has an OD of about 35mm and the EK one is roughly 24mm. So unless you managed to sleeve the EK Bushing somehow...

Hope that helps.

Member Array
    Car:
    vtec spoola
    I was told you couldn't cos its too long and creates sort if a demon camber style, in other words pushes the bottom of the rim out;

Someone correct me if I'm wrong
    "If there is no struggle, there is no progress. Those who profess to favor freedom, and deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning.”

Member Array
    Car:
    YA!HONDA!
    ... why not make it easier and get eg/dc2 coilovers? i no that dc2r parts fit perfect with eg's
    EG4>CBR250RR>EM1>GOLF>AP1

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EG8 B16A2
    dc2R parts will not fit an standard AUDM civic. Audm civics have a fork type rear, whereas dc2 type r and jdm eg6 and eye type. a non type-r dc2 set up will work. or you can install a dc2r or eg6 rear lca as well. Note though that the difference between the front and rear spring rate for a dc2 is usually higher than a civic, as dc2s had a heavier front end. for example, a dc2 set up may have 12kg front with 8kg rear whereas the same for the civic could be 10kg front with 8kg rear. just as an example.

*edit: when i say parts, i mean the rear strut assembly.

also, as myztery said, the rear lcas are not the same length.

Quote Originally Posted by MrJohn View Post
    i no that dc2r parts fit perfect with eg's
    Your post is invalid and not based on experience.

Thanks Sebtoombs for confirming that it is NOT possible to run an EK bushing in an EG LCA. I read in multiple threads that people suggested 'using the ek bushing' but it appears to be the same sort of story as the person im quoting above..

Mods please close thread before more 'broscience' posts appear..

For anyone searching. Dodgily grinding down the EG bushing by 3mm each side is the only feasible option of fitting a ek's coil overs onto the rear of an EG.
    Last edited by g0harvey; 04-10-2011 at 11:49 PM.

Why fit EK coilovers when u can switch to DC2R RTAs and get DC2R sussy?
    WP PB 1:15:03

Quote Originally Posted by Glocker View Post
    Why fit EK coilovers when u can switch to DC2R RTAs and get DC2R sussy?
    Quote Originally Posted by sebtoombs View Post
    Note though that the difference between the front and rear spring rate for a dc2 is usually higher than a civic, as dc2s had a heavier front end.
    Read the above... That will answer your question...

Also no where in my thread did i ask any suggestions for suspension. Please stay on topic.. Question has been answered. Thanks.