Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by TODA AU View Post
    Sorry for the slow reply, I've been crook.
    Anyway, I haven't really had starter fitting issues to be honest.
    as Ben said, VtiR & ITR mount face / flange to box is the same. (The motor & relay are different, but the parts are interchangeable)
    So yes, pics or vid would be helpful..

Also check it's not something silly like VVS loom/plug in the way
    ahh hope you're feeling better man

to be honest I totally forgot to get that vid today. I'll get one asap though.

yeah I thought that maybe something might be blocking like that but there wasn't anything.

it's literally like the opening in the gearbox is 0.2mm to small for the starters flange.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    ok finally got a video. not well filmed but I did the best I could. it's in a awkward spot to film :/

as you can see it just won't sit in properly no matter what, I guess if the circular flange could be divided into four sides, one side is always sticking out, just like if the opening in the gearbox was too small. if the top goes in the bottom stays out, and vice versa. so it's just tilting it's edges in if you know what I mean. the flange as a whole just won't go in.

http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/s...t=IMG_1713.mp4

you can also see the small gap when it's sitting square with the opening here if you look carefully.

I've been trying turning the engine to get it to mesh and still exactly the same. can't even feel anything through the starter when the flywheel is turning.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    That is really strange,

what flywheel do you have? try using stock flywheel
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    exedy lightweight HF01

same for all B series and it's definitely the right one.

gearbox is already in place and torqued along with engine mounts :/

it tilts around in circles if you know what I mean. just like the hole is the tiniest bit too small, so it really seems like a flange issue.

also when the flywheel is turning you can't feel and movement through the starter. so I don't think it's a meshing problem.

I can get it too sit level but about 5mm off the mating surface. should I just chuck the bolts in and do them up to see what happens? I'm just a bit worried of damaging something :/
    Last edited by Super-DA9; 10-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    bump for help
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    no more ideas? could my transmission possibly have a B16 bell housing or something...? NO idea why it would though.

just throwing ideas out there now. seriously need to get this sorted soon.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well I bit the bullet and just did the bolts up and it did go in. slowly. it was SUCH a tight fit, because no matter what I did I couldn't get the flange to fit by hand, even with all my strength. which is strange because it was an EASY fit in the B18C2 box.

oh well as long as it's in now i guess.

thanks for all your suggestions guys.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Integra
    hope it works bro
    無限 The Form is in the Function 無限
    teamGROUNDzero