weird Burning smell + unusual feeling with clutch ~ help please!

Hey guys, I've recently purchased a late 2003 honda integra with 182,XXXkms on it and decided to install a pod filter onto it. i was driving it around the block to test it out and decided to press on accelerator on gear 1 on high revs but didn't realise that it had passed redline by abit. Suddenly the car stop accelerating and seemed like the gear slipped. i stopped to the kerb and found that there was an intense burning smell. i think i have burnt my clutch. i drove it again 30 mins after and there were 2 things i noticed: 1. the rev's were higher then usual, lets say if i was on gear 3 to 4, it would drop down to 2500rpms instead of abit under 2000rpms which was normal. 2. when in neutral gear with engine on and handbrake up, i would press on clutch and find the revs drop from 1000rpms to 500rpms and sounds like it's going to stall then back up to 1000rpms. Can someone please help me? I am very new to this and not sure where to go about this. thank you.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Clutch is burned, time for a new one mate.

Banned Array
    Car:
    EKB20 > EGB18C
    welcome abourd

your clutch is still good dude it happens all the time just redline every gear so the clutch would melt onto the gearbox

cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    14EGs/8EDs/3EKs
    That smell would be your clutch. Nothing to worry about though...

Don't drive it for a day and see how it feels.

It's totally normal to smell like that. You should even be able to smell it from the cabin aswell.
    JDM D15B - you wouldn't understand

No K-SWAP ? No worries - Unfriend

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by hmetro24 View Post
    Clutch is burned, time for a new one mate.
    please dont give out wrong GUESS like this.

burnt.

I'm guessing your of non-english background, I found it a little bit hard to decipher.

It's rare for clutches to just give out.

I'm going to guess that you've actually just hit the rev limiter after slipping the clutch on a hard take-off and now you seeing symptoms that don't exist.

Your gear ratio's never change so a 3-4 gear change will always put you at the same spot on the tacho from the same point you shifted from.

I'm thinking there's probably nothing wrong and you've just been to aggressive with the clutch.

Member Array
    Car:
    b18c2+T Ej8
    Quote Originally Posted by raven View Post
    when in neutral gear with engine on and handbrake up, i would press on clutch and find the revs drop from 1000rpms to 500rpms and sounds like it's going to stall then back up to 1000rpms. Can someone please help me? I am very new to this and not sure where to go about this. thank you.
    Maybe you released the clutch more that's why it drop to 500 than back to 1000rpm .
    So test the clutch if it still alright. Dive on highway fifth gear,100km/hr. If the rpm goes faster than the speed. so it is on it's way. also try to Push the clutch in and release it fast.If it take time to pick up,so also bad clutch.
    Sorry for the first Post but just misunderstand :|.

Pull the handbrake up, accelerate slowly in 1st gear. Engage the clutch, if the clutch is fine the car should creep slowly.

If the car does not try to creep and your engine revs higher, your clutch is worn

Member Array
    Car:
    ED-209
    @ OP. How is your car now?
    くまくま━━━━━━ヽ( ・(ェ)・ )ノ━━━━━━ !!