Central locking not working after replacing factory head unit

I have replaced the factory head unit with an after market one (Alpine) in my Honda Civic 2003 GLi and everything works fine except now my central locking doesn't work and also when my head lights are left on after the key has been taken out, it doesn't beep any more. I have check both sets of fuses (under bonnet and under steering wheel) and they are all ok.

I have read that in order to keep central locking on honda civic you need to keep the old unit connected :S (http://lonewolfonline.net/honda-civi...adio-headunit/). Can anyone clarify this?

Can any one please help?

Member Array
    Car:
    EB2
    i was gonna say check the fuses but looks like you have already...although not getting the headlight on beep does sound like a fuse linked to this and central lock may be the problem. do the locks make a sound at all when you press the remote for central locking?

well this is a bit embarrassing, turns out it was the back up fuse all along...even though my mate and dad (who both are electricians by trade mind you) said they had check them 'all' ..lol
    but yes all fixed now, thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 CD5 04 600RR
    i was going to say that i'd be looking at the installer square in the eyes. dodgy professionals LOL
    Albert Einstein Two things are infinite: the universe & human stupidity; I'm not sure about the universe.

Put your location in your profile, makes referring help easier!

mine too...

well my keyless entry not working at all, never replaced the head unit.. anyway to re program it? i have checked the fused under the bonnet and under the steering but all ok... how to re program it anyways? thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    EVO
    then id say to take your own advice..

Quote Originally Posted by PaNoRaMa View Post
    my advise is to spend the (similar) amount of money on installing a new alarm system, this will solve the deima.
    /////ALPINE - )))morel - dYnaudio - \\Image Dynamics// - audison - optima - co|\|ection audison - stinger - Dynamat

i just found a link to re-program the honda keyless entry and all worked good on my car honda civic 2001 7th gen. still considering to install an alarm system, i was told if keyless entry not working originaly then it needs to be fixed first then install a new alarm.