Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2

Hardrace RTA bushing install issue

Hey there,

currently trying to install my Hardrace rear trailing arm bushings on my DC2.

the old ones popped out with no trouble using a hammer, but the new hardrace ones don't seem to have the same taper to them as the OEM ones and no matter how hard I smash is with the hammer it doesn't wanna go in.

before you ask yes I am putting it in the right way lol.

any input would be appreciated.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    Use a press. Are you certain you have the right part? DA bushings are a bit bigger.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    i've got a press but it's really awkward to get the big ass RTA in there, plus i can't push it in from the center because the hard metal part is the outer rim, so whenever i press from the outer rim it just tilts it doesn't go in :/

and yeah the guy I bought them off said they were for DC/EG
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Advise is, use a press - don't know how you " smash is with the hammer" - I just hope you didn't deform the trailing arm.

Anyway, if you do, I have spare trailing arms for sale...LOL...By them and I can press them in for you...LOL
    MFactory Competition Products

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    A press is a great idea if you have access to one and you have the control arm out of the car? but if not your fine to use a hammer and a flat plate, Champher the leading edge of the bush so that it gets a start also with integras there are two different bush sizes an 80mm od and an 85 check that too lol

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by e240 View Post
    Advise is, use a press - don't know how you " smash is with the hammer" - I just hope you didn't deform the trailing arm.

Anyway, if you do, I have spare trailing arms for sale...LOL...By them and I can press them in for you...LOL
    it's the way you do it without a press normally, and I had it braced around the area I was hammering so it shouldn't have deformed.

I've been trying to use my press but I just can't seem to find a way to make it work the way I want it to. :/ if I had some kind of adaptor so that I could press straight down from the center, but still be pressing it in from the outer rim I'm sure I could make it work..
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by nzjdm View Post
    A press is a great idea if you have access to one and you have the control arm out of the car? but if not your fine to use a hammer and a flat plate, Champher the leading edge of the bush so that it gets a start also with integras there are two different bush sizes an 80mm od and an 85 check that too lol
    yeah I thought about the size difference but I measured it to my old ones and it seems to be the same. just that the hardrace ones don't have that tapered shape to make them easy to go in.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    mine fits fine. but i did the same for a friend of mine and it didnt go in.
    so i had to taper(grind) the edge abit so it can go in. once it find its way in, press fitted the bushing all the way in.

had to use hammer, my 20ton press wasnt strong enough. maybe because it was china made.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    haha yeah man my press is only 6T so I may have to hammer in the end anyway.

when you pressed it in did you just push it in a little bit on each side at a time? or did you have some kind of huge socket-like contraption to push the whole thing in straight?
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    oh. hahah unfortunately i do.
    its some random stuff that my gf's asian parents collect.

its like a massive metal socket that sits on the outer race.
    so i taper the edge abit, hammer it in side per side so it sits flat, used the press to press fit it like 1/5th in.
    then used the massive socket + 10kg hammer to fully sit it in.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5, EF8, EF2
    There is a cool Honda OEM tool to press them in, with that and an 81mm ID bit of pipe the mechanic I go to and I got both mine in and out in 15 minutes or so with a 20T press. It might be better to just take them to an experienced mechanic they will definitely have various bits of pipe that are the right size to press them in and out.

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    Champher means grind lol, grind the edge you want to put in first than bash it.... it takes me 20 mins is to do them that includes putting the car on the hoist.. i dont remove the arms at all.. and iv done loads with out fail so i know it works