Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    chamfer.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    cool thanks guys. will a normal angle grinder be ok? how much you reckon needs grinding off?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    ED Track Car
    oops :-) spelling never my strong point!.

Just use your own nous for that, but basically as little as you can get away with to help it locate

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    cool thanks guys. will a normal angle grinder be ok? how much you reckon needs grinding off?
    i probably did 0.5-1mm. just on the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by nzjdm View Post
    oops :-) spelling never my strong point!.

Just use your own nous for that, but basically as little as you can get away with to help it locate
    haha i was just bored sorry.

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    i probably did 0.5-1mm. just on the edge.
    thanks mocchi. will give this a try today. I just gotta find something to use with the press to get that sucker in.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    well I got it in. ground a little bit of the edge to make it tapered, adapted the press to work with it (go to my build thread if you wanna see the set up haha)

I rotated the bush a bit, as opposed to the stock position to compensate for the car being lowered, as the old one was ripped and my guess is that it was a combination of being old and being twisted from the lower ride height.

will let you guys know how the second one goes when I get around to it haha.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    haha must feel good ey? got it in.
    the joy of DIY!

got it in and feel like a boss. fukcyea.jpg

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    haha yeah lets hope I don't have to take it out to rotate it again haha.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

If you have your trailing arms off, its really easy to press the bushes in using a cheap press.

put the arm down on a press, line up the bushing on top, put one rear brake rotor 'upside down' on top of the bushing (the shaft of the bush will come through the centre of the rotor, and the 'hat' of the rotor will nicely put pressure on the casing of the bush), then put the other rotor on top 'right way up'. This should clear the shaft of the bushing and allow you to put a piece of steel or what not on top of the top rotor.

Its simply then a case of pressing it in!

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    rear brake discs! thats a thought, thanks man. I ended up using the casing from my old torn RTA bush and some bits of steel for this one though.
    -ZAMMIN-

- Integra-GSi 19/11/2015