Digital Speedo issue

The other day i noticed an issue with my Civic, while i was driving the digital speedometer started to flicker with 888 and each time it showed 888 the MPH text was also lit.
    After 10 seconds of flickering it stayed solid with 888 with KMH and MPH also lit, but then it went back to normal.

Is their any kind of diagnostic test i can perform?

My car is a FK2 Civic Si Hatch

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 x2
    Hi, i work a dealer in Adelaide and we I have had 3 civic si's and a type are with the exact same problem. They were replaced under warranty. Take it back to your dealer and they will do it for you
    hondadynamiks - ADELAIDE

Member Array
    Car:
    2007 FD1
    must be a lucky car! (if ur asian) lol

Quote Originally Posted by HONTUNE View Post
    Hi, i work a dealer in Adelaide and we I have had 3 civic si's and a type are with the exact same problem. They were replaced under warranty. Take it back to your dealer and they will do it for you
    The issue is intermittent.

So what is causing the issue?

Defective LCD unit?

I told the dealer and they said they would need to test for 1/2 a day being a warranty issue i would have thought they would have known about it.

But i have a service coming up in nov and they said they will look at the issue then while doing the 10,000km service.

This first pic is blurry because i had to grab the camera and take pics as this issue comes and goes, but this is what i normally get while driving.

At times if it doesn't want to show 888 it shows the speed but the LCD is still showing a faint 888

This is a clear example of what it is like, you can still kinda make out the speed(50km/h is a little darker)
    Last edited by Grayfox; 11-10-2011 at 02:23 PM.