Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Let's just rephrase this.. Would we all be surprised if this is never released in Australia - Much like the FD2R we never got it here for a numerous amounts of reasons for some reason i can't see Australia getting it.

Back to the thread it would be great to see A factory Honda turbo set up as Many of the Honda owners especially in the states already pushed their engines to pull crazy time due to a boost set up. I wonder what parts Honda will be using for this one to tag along with their motor.

IMO if they bring a boosted model make sure it's petrol and he'll bring out an N/A version incase people are against boost.

Lastly what is gonna happen if Australia does get this and in 15-20 years p platers want to drive a 'type r' like many of us do lol they better hope the Australian laws are back to driving an aspirated machine.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    it'll change... completely
    how would it change? No one has even driven it to compare it to the old models such as fd2r or fn2r for that matter

I say this would make the car much better than the old models, turbocharging has come along way, turbo lag is almost non existing in some new gen boosted cars and it will only get better......

If the chassis and suspension is well sorted out much like the fn2r as critics say, than this engine is what it needs too keep the compitiion on edge imo
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    how would it change? No one has even driven it to compare it to the old models such as fd2r or fn2r for that matter

I say this would make the car much better than the old models, turbocharging has come along way, turbo lag is almost non existing in some new gen boosted cars and it will only get better......

If the chassis and suspension is well sorted out much like the fn2r as critics say, than this engine is what it needs too keep the compitiion on edge imo
    Having a turbocharged type R is like driving a diesel convertible.

Good idea, but it just doesnt feel the same.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Having a turbocharged type R is like driving a diesel convertible.

Good idea, but it just doesnt feel the same.
    well u could say times are changing, but i do see where ur coming from.....the k20 is a 11 year old design, and with every passing year, new and stricter emissions are gonna eventually kill off the k20, much like the fn2r died off in Europe , but in a way, i think honda is heading in the right directions with this new move, not only by bringing in new customers but also making the type-R name more formidable in the eyes of the world, if the new type-R can keep up with the WRX or the lancer turbo, for similar or less price, than honda is defs making a good sports.
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

I do hope it sounds amazing id love it if it had a really nice deep tone.

The way I see it as the turbo helps with low down power which is a benefit and then when u hit say 5000 rpm it runs out of puff and VTEC kicks in. If its like this it will work very well

You guys do understand this will be allowed to be driven by P Platers right in Victoria (don't know about other states)
    You will be able to get an exemption easily as it's a family car, good ANCAP rating most likely, good fuel econony etc..
    The new 1.4L Holden Cruise which is turbo can be driven by P Platers....

Good bye to the True Type R Legacy...
    Will be keeping my Integra for sure now.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK1 Civic, S15 200SX
    My bet is that this will be released in Australia.
    I remember my general manager saying
    (who now got promoted to the board of directors for Honda Australia)
    we will definitely import a new Type R variant when it becomes available.
    Purpose to revitalise Honda's sport image in Australia

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    doesn't resemble anything of a true civic type r

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    210, is that all?...the Type-S here does 210 without a turbo. Id get this civic if its lighter than the dc5r and most of all replace that shit-house torsion beam suspension in an FN2R
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

Member Array
    Suzuka Circuit "Spoon corner", Fuji Speedway "100R Corner"
    Car:
    DC2R & R32 GT-R
    Quote Originally Posted by sexy_shazam View Post
    but if its a small low down turbo wouldn't that mean you can hit the higher rev ranges and VTEC can kick in sooner which would be a good thing right? or is going turbo more problems than its worth?
    where does it say it has VTEC engine?? it might have a non-vtec low compression engine to accommodate the turbo, is thats the case, it will have a huge tuning potential
    Last edited by EVLGTR; 15-10-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    "Stock Car, Modified Driver"

'99 DC2R/'88 CRX Array
    Car:
    DC2R/CRX
    Different approach to the same end /=bad. This could be a good thing although Honda Australia will never compete with the Euro Turbos. Honda Sports sedans like the ITR and CTR are niche compared to the bland boxes that make up the Honda line and Honda Au are not well-known for competing with the Japanese/Korean offerings in terms of volume.

This will be a decent beast but will probably be the equivalent of the current AU CTR in terms of compromise - if Honda Au decide to go ahead with it.

Personally, I'd take a Bulldog Mk2 City Turbo over one
    '99 DC2R, '90 BMW E30 318is, '88 CRX

Member Array
    Car:
    eg civic
    Big + to the design of the new type r... i dont prefer the fn2 design ( looks like a turtle IMO)....

not looking forward on the turbo though...

somehow the tail lights of this type r remind me of a celica