Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DB6

EG wiretucked with a/c + PS & b16 JAPSPEC

hey guys i might be keeping my project car and doing a b16a japspec swap in a few months. just need a bit extra money and source a eg6 halfcut.

anyways i want to know i got a EG GL atm (dual carby) after the efi conversion would everything from the eg6 half cut go straight in ( wirings, ecu, a/c package, p/s package, bassically everything from that halfcut wiped clean into my car). ?

and i want to do a wiretuck but keep a/c and p/s but ive searched everywehre for pics and cant seem to find pics of waht im looking for. can you guys post up your wire tuck b series eg with a/c and p/s though so i can get an idea or if you seen pics on the net and saved them ?

closest pic ive seen is a/c but no p's

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Check out the wiretuck threads on honda-tech.com..

Member Array
    Car:
    EE3 WAGON YO
    most wire tuck have no a/c and p/s

its more clean without them

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    yeah but he wants to keep them .. how far of a wire tuck are you prepared to go??

Full on like moving fuse box, prop valve, relocating fuel filter moving all wires into the guards, battery, etc... ??

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    im planning to maxiumum wire tuck but keep a/c and p/s

the reason because i will need it lol esp summer. but because since im doing a engine conversion i plan to respray the engine bay a nice colour and wire tuck.

so tuck as much wires as i can between guard, tuck as much wires around the block as much as i can. relocate battery to somewhere else thinking where atm, and as for prop balve i havent looked into that yet.

but atm i want to see the set up of wire tuck with a/c and p's/ if its messy then i wont bother to wire tuck or respray the engine bay.

you can tuck the ac lines buy new lines and bend them to where ever you like ps get an electric pump an hide easy as
    DON'T GET RIPPED OFF DIY

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9, EG5
    i think you will have to let your imagination fly on this one. yes you can search on honda-tech but let me remind you that USDM civic runs a different A/C line. their lines somehow is parallel to each other so it looks neater when they keep it. AUDM and JDM civic the A/C line is what your picture are showing. its somewhat more messier in my opinion. so if you want to keep the A/C and P/S then you just have to learn to like the way they are sitting in OEM fashion. most of the guys on honda-tech eventually relocated battery, clutch line, shorter throttle cable, relocate MBC etc, and then removed A/C and P/S because by that stage you pretty cannot stand the look of A/C and P/S anymore.

I myself did a lot of research on this wiretuck topic. and to this stage i still havent find a perfect setup i like yet while still keeping the functionality of the car. there is always a trade off. you look good but lose A/C and P/S. you relocate battery but you lose trunk space, etc

here is a photo showing what i mean by different A/C line setup for USDM civic. photo are taken by honda-tech member. will remove upon request.

Ok I'm relaunching this thread. I'm looking to do a tuck I'n my engine bay. Simply looking for a DIY guide or somthibg lol someone WANa help!?

Member Array
    Car:
    Kermit K20A
    http://www.rywire.com/catalog/milspe...976aaff9b07171

Best place to go for off the shelf wire tuck
    Kermit EGK20A
    Winton: 1:35.08
    Wakefield: 1:08.8

Is it that hard to do it yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by sdewyz View Post
    Is it that hard to do it yourself?
    It's not something you can show someone through DIY guide.

ppl who know how to do it, spend their time and effort, experimenting on getting it perfect.

you sound like you want the easy way out. someone show me how to do it, if you regularly tinker & play with cars, this knowledge will come naturally.

and yeah, if you have to ask, is it that hard. just pay someone or don't bother.

or start learning the normal way by spending lots of wrenchin time.

Lol Yo don't hate on me. I'll admit I'm not the most car literate person out there I really want to do it.
    It's irrelevant to how easy it is to do I want to do it I'm a pretty handy guy like carpenter by trade so yeah, just want a little direction if u get me.
    Just I don't even know where to start :/
    Last edited by sdewyz; 09-03-2012 at 09:09 AM.