Member Array
    Car:
    EG9

Difference in Front Guard Braces 2dr v Sedan.... Please Help. Moderately Urgent.

Hey OzHonda,

This is regarding the braces that first bolt onto the skirts which allow the leading end of the front guards to bolt on the car.
    Is there a difference between Hatchback and Sedan items?

I could upload a pic if needed but I'm confident those who know what I mean will know the answer. Half way through a conversion and I'm wondering if its worth dicking around with the sedan braces or quickly locating a set of hatch braces.

Thanks in advance, Will Rep. Peace
    Last edited by PGB; 15-10-2011 at 07:30 PM. Reason: Clarify its not another halfwit "ZOMG My new guards dont fit" thread lol

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    do you mean the bolt for the front guard that's located behind the side skirts??

sedan front guards won't fit hatchback and hatchback won't fit sedan.

Or are you talking about fender braces and their mounting points???

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Pretty sure its the Fender Braces you mention. The Headlight also bolts onto them along with the washer bottle on the Near Side.

I've had the hatchback guards for ages along with previously fitted front bar and bonnet. Cars getting some paint so I finally got around to cut and shut the guards. They'll fit when I'm finished champ

I can gap it up all perfectly but the braces I have don't line up and/or just seem to get in the way. There is an unthreaded spare hole on the brace that I'm beginning to think is for the 2 door guards although even lining that up opens the gaps behind the corner lamp.

I think I'm just going to end up modding the set I have to suit. It won't need much attention to fit right. Probably my best bet without any hold ups.

I also hope to write a DIY thread when I'm done so it would be great to have a solid answer on these little buggers.

Cheers, Phil

Edit- Pic Added
    Last edited by PGB; 15-10-2011 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Add picture

Banned Array
    Car:
    [|-|]
    oh yeah that thing.. one bolts for the guard and the other is for the fron't bar, not sure what the inner bolt is used for.

The guard sit's over that brace.. not under it. So when your bolting it up, the brace sit's on the inside of the brace. It should bolt up fine.. unless you have the wrong fender.. ?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG9
    Sooooo, just to clear up the original question... Do you know if this is a model specific part or is it the same on all EG body shapes?

I know how it fits to the car. I just wanted to know if I should have grabbed them off a hatchback when I purchased the fenders.