Member Array
    Car:
    marios' kart

how to change/replace door keys

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

first ever write up so dont hate

aim: to convert door keys from eg4 to dc2r (note i bought a set thinking i could change the ignition and rear hatch) i could have done the ignition but it wouldve taken me sooo long and the biggest hassle. the boot/hatch wouldve been sticking out more and has different mechanism (spring and set plastic thingy) ull see when u do it

required: screw drivers, 10mm socket with extension and ratchet

step one: put ur window down first (whatever side your working on) then u gotta take the 3 screws out
    Attachment 20237
    circled in red, one there and behind door handle and inside door handle insert thingy
    then remove speaker cover and door handle surround and window control panel (disconnect it)

step two: remove trim by pulling it slowly out and follow through the bottom half then lift the trim up and out it comes. connect window controlling thingy back to put window back up

step three: peel back plastic sheet to gain access to lock assembly (u can stick it back on after unless urs is really dried up) , remove the two bolts
    Attachment 20239

step four: pull handle from outside till u get this
    Attachment 20240
    remove clip holding lock and should release lock but still attached to the metal stick thing, SLIDE THE LOCK dont try forcing through gap, almost got me. should come off.

step five:
    Attachment 20241
    top one is dc2r and bottom is eg
    i had to clip off one end of the plastic of the dc2r one cause it would get jammed and not work properly

step six: slide the dc2 lock in and clip it on bolt the two screws back on then check for functionality, then reassemble it all back together abd do other side

MAKE SURE U HAVE THE OTHER SIDE WINDOW DOWN AND THE REAR HATCH OPEN WHEN DOIN IT, CAUSE IF U CHECK IF IT LOCKS THEN IT DOESNT OPEN THEN UR PRETTY MUCH SCREWED AND DONT LEAVE KEYS IN CAR....if that made any sense
    dnt forget to rep point me too pls
    Last edited by Khuong; 18-10-2011 at 05:39 AM.