Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15

ALERT! Buddy Club rear camber kits for DC5

Review: Buddyclub rear camber kit, rear upper control arms for DC5

Hey boys, this my 1st review. I made this to bring to everyones ATTENTION how crap this product is. DC5's are a pain in the arse to lower as you all now with the need for for shortened tie rod ends, and tie rods that connect to the actual coilover. So one would seek out a well respected company for suspension products. E.G - BUDDYCLUB which I am now going to slander and refer to as Buddycrap. I bought coilovers, shortened tie rod ends and a rear camber kit so I could lower my car to my desired height. Roughly 2 finger gap front 3 finger gap rear. I wanted to control how much camber I got at the rear aswell so I got a rear camber kit, my goal was -1 neg camber all round. Not really a fan of camber I'd run neutral but I know that under hard cornering you gain camber. I didnt think I could achieve this with my stock rear upper control arms.

Initially I was a happy camper. I tested my new set up in the dead of night at various industrial areas and RNP and was content. But little did I know that day by day, my rear camber kit was beginning to collapse.

When I bought it, it looked like this.
    http://www.google.com.au/imgres?q=bu...0&tx=102&ty=75

What it looks like now after 5 months of use.
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=4.jpg
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=5.jpg
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...0-15144012.jpg
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...0-15144008.jpg
    http://s1103.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=1.jpg

About $245 down the drain.

So key points are
    - I didnt notice this at all. My mechanic discovered this fault as he was adjusting my new coilovers.
    -I would of went to a track day with faulty rear upper control arms and could of been in a serious accident, or worse killed my self or some other poor bloke.
    - Just because its a well established company does not make it good.
    - Be wary of ebay sellers when it comes to returns, you pay for the faulty items shipping there and the replacements item to you.
    - Im now running hard race, you can visually see they are better and more reinforced in the section that broke.
    - Check out my DIY for dc5 rear camber kit install - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...ol-arm-install

- Happy modding
    Last edited by DakDak; 20-10-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Photos don't work but i have heard about this happening.. Not just your story

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Oh shi*t, and I just installed these very same rear camber kit on my dc5r. I wonder how long my one's will last =\
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Corolla Spec S
    would this be verging on a vendor verdict?

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic EJ8
    realistically, this comes down to manufactures fault, and not the seller, because the seller had no idea as to the fault, the only thing they can really do is either send the product back to BC and rectify the problem , or refund you for the faulty product and tryn recoup there loss through BC, had BC had more testing and quality control, this wouldnt have happened imo.... BC sold out, an used there rep to sell a poor product

Your best bet is to contact ebay them selfs, for the faulty goods, an hopefully resolve ur problem.... best of luck dude
    I <3 BOOST! D16+T SOHC

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by WATAJK View Post
    Photos don't work but i have heard about this happening.. Not just your story
    Images will be up later tonight im not at home I just put [image] in for spacing

Quote Originally Posted by type_AHH View Post
    Oh shi*t, and I just installed these very same rear camber kit on my dc5r. I wonder how long my one's will last =\
    Where did you buy them? Make sure you retain the receipt and keep a very VERY close eye on them

Quote Originally Posted by lilthug View Post
    would this be verging on a vendor verdict?
    Its been almost a week and no reply. ebay doesnt offer protection for items longer than 90 days old, sadly. All I can do is alter my feedback to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mugen_ctr View Post
    realistically, this comes down to manufactures fault, and not the seller, because the seller had no idea as to the fault, the only thing they can really do is either send the product back to BC and rectify the problem , or refund you for the faulty product and tryn recoup there loss through BC, had BC had more testing and quality control, this wouldnt have happened imo.... BC sold out, an used there rep to sell a poor product

Your best bet is to contact ebay them selfs, for the faulty goods, an hopefully resolve ur problem.... best of luck dude
    Yea I definitely did. Im annoyed that the seller doesnt want to abide by his obligations to rectify him selling inferior stuff. Its the ethical thing to do. Lets see where this goes. If I dont get a reply by thursday which will be one week than stuff him.

wat size wheel and offset did u have on?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    Quote Originally Posted by l__i__l View Post
    wat size wheel and offset did u have on?
    I had 17x8+42 and Toyo proxes 4 205/45/r17 i think. Not excessively lowered or with crazy camber.

forgot about that thread =P linked them together

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Quote Originally Posted by DakDak View Post

Where did you buy them? Make sure you retain the receipt and keep a very VERY close eye on them
    My bought mine from JDMYard about a year ago but only just installed them about 2 weeks ago. But yeah I'll monitor them thoroughly. If I see any signs of it warping I'll probably go Hard Race as well. Can I ask how much did you picked them up for?
    DC5R

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda S15
    I was lucky and able to get mine for $160 brand new of a fellow forum member. There is a company on ebay called Genesis motorsports based in Melbourne they stock them for $160. Check it out.

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    If the items are real genuine Buddyclub, then I can't see how the ebay seller is at fault. This sounds more like a manufacturer fault. Have you contacted Buddyclub?
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2