Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    bro was your spark leads the same ? d16y8 same as d16y4 ?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes they are mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    haha yeah thanks Beeza. Everything you need to know is in the write up. I went through a lot of research. A good word of advice is to get it tuned because my car is running rich. Smells like burnt grime and all of that after I floor it. Anyone know the cons of running rich? is it bad for the engine in the long run? I don't think it is running too rich, although I can't be sure.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It would be worth swapping the oxygen sensor if it hasn't been done for a while.

They last max 100k's and they help a lot to get the air/fuel mix right.Meaning if its faulty it can make the car run rich.

Best to calibrate the tps too - http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/showthr...age-on-the-TPS

Attack things one at a time and U will soon get it right/eliminate the rich-ness.

It's worth spending time on the tappets and getting them as best U can.It takes 3-4 goes,but U will learn the tolerances/gaps.The smaller the gap without any fuel coming out the better.The fuel will come out the top of the head,where the valve seals and U will smell it.So U then just open it up a touch,so it seals.

A small tappet gap gives a quicker pfft or opening and closing of the valve which means the engine will fire quicker.

Stock my gaps are .009 and .0010,with the stage 1 cam and playing with it,now it's a tight .007 and .008

Run some upper engine cleaner through her

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    Yeah i was thinking of doing the oxygen sensors. Also, I think I would solve a problem on my vafc if I calibrate the TPS because when I floor my throttle all the way down fully to the ground, the VAFC only goes up to around 86% showing how much throttle I am giving. I love engine degreasers! I use them on everything. If you say suburu upper engine cleaners are the best.. I'm gonna buy a whole stock of them! But yeah thanks for the advice man! will keep all of what you said in mind and will start attacking things one at a time. Cheers big bro!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    No worries mate,great to hear ya got the stoke on working on ya engine and getting the most out of it!

Where about's are U anyways?

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    haha working on my car really takes up most of my time. I'm in Adelaide.. Where about's are you?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Behind Byron Bay..

Ah wells..

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    Usually with the TPS, 86% at full load is within standard range. I'm running an ETC setup with only 60% throttle at an apparent WOT and that's a problem. In regards to getting your tps to get to 100, your 95-00 civic still uses a standard pedal to cable to tb connection, so, you could check the cable itself at the tb linkage to see if it's loose or not. If not, check your tps and possibly give it a good clean + new gasket if needed

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    Yeah? Well, if it is good for now, maybe I will leave it. I'm trying not to fix things that I shouldn't need to fix. Scared it will lead to more problems. Car seems to be running fine for the moment... only thing left is to get it tuned and then it will be a perfectly working vtec engine. I'll check the cable as you said to see if anything is loose. Thanks for the heads up and the advice!
    With your car, could it be the wiring? I was concerned about my wiring because I did it myself. But I checked it over and over, it seems to stay at 86. What car do you drive mate?

Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    One of my rides is a k24 crv. Don't think it's bad wiring since it's stock and low k's. I might pull out the tps and give a good clean. With your car, it'd be pretty hard to get the tps off safely so leave that till last. I'm betting you're not running good afr with vtec engaged. Ignition timing is key here too and you better get that checked too: anything more than +/- 2 deg from stock timing is BADDDDDDDDDD

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EK 1999 Hatch
    This seems very complicated :/
    whats the equivalent price for this project? or is it worth it to convert a new engine