Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    S2000
    I've done this swap on a d series before and it should roughly cost $700 +/- 100. This mod is cheap in comparison to an engine swap. Provided you're going for a street car you'd need to have it done by a pro if you want any chance of getting it rego'd. For a b series swap which is most common in gli ek civics, it should cost you in the order of $2000 if not more. This mod is fairly straightforward and requires no extra paperwork. In exchange, you get vtec and if paired with some good mods such I/H/E and a tune, you're much better off

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    Don't give someone false hopes lol an economy single cam Vtec head swap in no way does it compare to a proper dohc b series engine swap. Your not better off at all your probably going to be getting maybe 5-8hp max by doing this , only reason I can see someone doing this if they have a spare head and need to do the headgasket or someother head removing related job .
    Last edited by GSi_PSi; 07-01-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    Yeah it is nothing compared to a B-series engine. I have a mate who has a b16 and we usually drag now and then even though I know his car will crush mine. But I have good pick up and usually will keep up with him at the start for a bit before he switches gear and trashes me. But don't get me wrong, this vtec swap is probably the best thing I have done. It is definitely more powerful than before and I can feel more pull too. There is nothing like hearing the vtec crossover and roar.
    And yeah it is a cheaper option but you won't be getting as much power if you were to compare it to the B's but it is definitely a step up from the stock

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    UPDATE!
    Car before tuning was on 71 KW's. It is pulling 85 KW's after tuning. Stock Vti civics apparently pull 93 KW's according to redbook. It definitely has way more torque and quite scary at very high RPM's. But nevertheless, it is only an SOHC. It just left me a little shocked after the tune.

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    what ecu do you have ?

Member Array
    Car:
    legtec @2psi
    quite scary at high rpms?... with 85kw ?............

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post

14 kw increase is HUGE BRAH
    20% more powah! never under estimate the d series...

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by GSi_PSi View Post
    Come on bro give the kid a break,its probably his first car.
    He's actually put some effort in here and although he's not making leaps in kw's cant knock him for having a go

Account Disabled Array
    It's not the end result that matters, as long as you learn along the way and had fun...

when it's all done, make bigger & better goals.

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    Yeah it is my first car. Come on man, for a 16 year old car, it is pulling close to its stock power output. That is quite an accomplishment even for me when I had no experience what so ever with engine mods.
    Anyway, I will be moving on to an xr5 or a liberty gt in a few months time.
    And Viiinh: I am still using the stock honda ECU. Wired the VAFC controller to it

Member Array
    Car:
    DB6
    im curious is this 71 kw ATW to 85kw ATW ?

cos im sure 93 KW for the stock engine ISNT ATW

Member Array
    Car:
    1995 Civic Ek1
    Ya at the wheels. I always assumed that the 93 kw's was measured based on what the car was meant to be on stock settings. Seems like the measurements on redbook is at the fly's, then it is likely that my car has more than stock power.
    But nonetheless, it is definitely within the desired range.