Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank

Remove/Replace Ek engine mounts

Disclaimer: The following is provided as a GUIDE ONLY, and neither myself nor Ozhonda take any responsibility for the outcomes of someone else doing the following. You follow these steps at your own risk!

Aim: To replace the engine mounts

Required:
    Socket set(need a deep 17 mm socket the rest can be normal length)
    Breaker bar
    Uni joint(helps but not required)
    Screwdrivers
    Note: if you do 1 mount at a time the other 4 should support your engine so no need to use a engine hoist but you might need a jack and wood block if your worried your mounts wont hold the engine or if your having trouble getting the bolts lined up.

Prep
    I took the intake piping and the throttle body off to give me more room for the rear and drivers side engine mounts. Having the car on stands helps if your doing the torque mounts and you also need to remove the front undertray to get to the torque mounts.

Passenger side mount
    There are 6 bolts to be removed from the passenger side mount. You remove the 3 on top first then the 3 connected to the chassis. It can help to move the power steering resiviour and bracket for more room.

Once they are removed the old mount will come out, install the new mounts and bolts by doing the same in reverse.

Drivers side mount
    There are 4 bolts for the mount and 2 on the transmission bracket, i found it easier to remove the transmission bracket first then take the mount off as the bracket gets in the way of some of the bolts.

Once you have all the bolts removed the mount will come off then just do the reverse to install your new mount.

Torque mounts
    The driver side torque mount has 5 bolts, You need to remove the 3 on the mount and the right hand bolt on the bracket, if you just loosen the left one the bracket will pivot allowing you to get the mount off easily.

Follow the step in reverse to reinstall.

Passenger side torque mount, i had already removed the 3 bolts in the pic so i drew them in, i just removed them and then yanked the mount off without touching the bracket as i have AC attached to it, if you have trouble removing/reinstalling the mount you may need to remove the AC compressor(if you have it) and the bracket.

Rear mount
    Driver side pic of Charcol canister, you may not have to move it but i found it easier to take it off the fire wall(pull it up in the direction of the arrow) and just sit it to the side a little bit without removing the hoses. This pic also shows the bolt hidden in the next pic.

This is an above shot of the rear mount with the parts labeled, There are 4 bolts to be removed for the rear engine mount and one bolt for the heater hose bracket, you also need to remove the blue cable in the next pic to move the heater hose bracket out of the way.

Passenger side pic, You unclip the clip then pull the ring off then you can move the heater hose bracket. Once you have all the bolts removed you just rotate the mount out like the pic below, the heater hoses are in the way so you need to bend them while your pulling it out. sorry for the bad drawing i hope you get what i mean you need to give it a good pull too, if you cant get it out quickly/easily you can just remove the rear engine bracket to make it easier.

Then follow the process in reverse to install the mount.

Now all your mounts are done resintall your throttle body, intake piping and undertray then your all done.

If there are any questions or you want more detailed pics let me know
    Last edited by TbM; 26-10-2011 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Fixing spelling
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    EK SEDAN
    hey mate what motor did u do this on"?

Member Array
    Car:
    2 Tonne Ek Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by khoa456 View Post
    hey mate what motor did u do this on"?
    d16y4 in 97 ek1 civic
    "I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R, S15
    Great diy
    snapping 2nd..

Member Array
    Car:
    EK9 minus 8
    the mounts are worth more then the engine O_o?

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Jazz R
    Quote Originally Posted by Boznian View Post
    the mounts are worth more then the engine O_o?
    lol when I saw this comment I thought we were on FB and was looking for the like button..
    ALLIGATORS GOT A GATE

Member Array
    Car:
    no weetek civic
    top notch tutorial

was looking for something like this
    SSpamily

hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Np m8
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    DC1 Integra. Yh
    Dis was gr8 is it da same for eg?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Yeh Basicly the same
    Mate my bbk cost more than your Honda.
    -Amant02

Member Array
    Car: