Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Someone hit my car and it's not my fault. Please help!

Someone hit my car this morning and it's not my fault.
    He has admitted it's his fault and will contact his insurance company. I have got all his licence details and he will call me tonight.

I bought my Honda Jazz GLi in 2008 brand new. My insurance is with AAMI. He is with Real Insurance.

Can I bring my car to Honda to get it fixed and get the person's insurance company to pay for it instead of bringing it to the insurance company's recommended repair centre? What about coutersy car or rental car during the repair?

This may sound dumb but I remember there's a Honda 5 year warranty or something for new car? Does anyone know anything about this?

Please help

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    hey mate,

call me, ill answer all your questions no problem.
    13 22 44

OK, here is a step by step guide.

1. go to google.com
    2. type in AAMI number
    3. call the number
    4. ask the same questions

I hope this will be of tremendous and valuable help to you.

edit: die mocchi die
    WP PB 1:15:03

Thank you all for the prompt reply!
    I did call AAMI this morning and the person told me i do not need to inform them if I'm not lodging a claim. The other driver needs to notify his insurance company and they will talk to AAMI.

First time having an accident...not too sure what's the process.
    Do I wait for that person to call me tonight and pass him all my insurance details and tell them I want to bring my car to Honda to repair and they will take it from there?

(I'm at work at the moment. Might call AAMI again to reconfirm. The girl I was speaking to wasn't too helpful :S)

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Lol

When this happened to me I made a claim with AAMI and informed them
    I am not liable then they accepted the claim against his insurance

You give the details to AAMI and let them organize the repairs and tell them
    Up
    Front u want Honda to fix it for you

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    honda will not repair your vehicle due to vehicle collisions etc. (unless u took your car for a service @ Honda and then they damaged your vehicle whilst being in mechanical repair/service).

the warranty they provide is for the mechanical parts for your car.

(Correct me if im wrong)
    All collision repairs should be taken up with an approved smash repairer by your insurance.

you do have the option to obtain a personal quote other than the insurance approved - though saying this, its not likely they will approve the costs to repair especially if the amount quoted is higher than the approved quote.

personal quote vs approved/insurance quote.

AAMI is correct that you do not need to make a claim, as the person in fault should be making the claim with their insurance (REAL Insurance).

but circumstances may change where its been more than a month and you havent heard nothing from the at fault party.

which means you may need to claim with AAMI and pay excess which then you can recover the excess costs from the other party.

Give the at fault a chance to make a claim, but if you dont hear nothing up to a month, then i would suggest try to contact the person before escalating to your own provider.

hope this helps!
    Last edited by IV73CI; 26-10-2011 at 12:34 PM. Reason: bolded
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    P1.5 460F/350R
    my mate had a collusion and he was covered by AAMI.
    welcome abourd to the collusion club.

Member Array
    Car:
    inb4yursorryass
    Quote Originally Posted by mocchi View Post
    my mate had a collusion and he was covered by AAMI.
    welcome abourd to the collusion club.
    LOL ..inspiring :P
    B to BFrank to K .... ive had it ......

Member Array
    Car:
    NHB DC2R + EURO
    Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    LOL ..inspiring :P
    Cough cough mocci:

Colosion 0
    Collision 1

Lol

I'm preparing to lodge a police report if i don't hear anything from him after 24 hours or he refused to answer the phone

Quote Originally Posted by xwon2 View Post
    I'm preparing to lodge a police report if i don't hear anything from him after 24 hours or he refused to answer the phone
    shit just got real
    WP PB 1:15:03

Quote Originally Posted by IV73CI View Post
    honda will not repair your vehicle due to vehicle collusions etc. (unless u took your car for a service @ Honda and then they damaged your vehicle whilst being in mechanical repair/service).

the warranty they provide is for the mechanical parts for your car.

(Correct me if im wrong)

All collusion repairs should be taken up with an approved smash repairer by your insurance.

you do have the option to obtain a personal quote other than the insurance approved - though saying this, its not likely they will approve the costs to repair especially if the amount quoted is higher than the approved quote.

personal quote vs approved/insurance quote.

AAMI is correct that you do not need to make a claim, as the person in fault should be making the claim with their insurance (REAL Insurance).

but circumstances may change where its been more than a month and you havent heard nothing from the at fault party.

which means you may need to claim with AAMI and pay excess which then you can recover the excess costs from the other party.

Give the at fault a chance to make a claim, but if you dont hear nothing up to a month, then i would suggest try to contact the person before escalating to your own provider.

hope this helps!
    i forgot this forum is full of trolls! you reply is more detailed...haha

I bought my car from Astoria Honda and I found website below....They seem to do accident repair. I might call them up to find out

http://www.astoriahonda.com.au/body_repairs.php